DC Sound Lab

new footwell enclosure for lvl 2 8"

Well first off I built a box out of mdf/birch which fitted lovely but lets be honest it is a bit of a boring home for such a cute little monster( DC lvl2 8" to match the 15" lvl 4's) so a new home was built for it................

0c15d1f2.jpg

d197b922.jpg

22815b5e.jpg

Now this is the first time I have tried anything this ambitious with Lexan and only had a heat gunand brute force to do this and learnt a lot of lessons, there are some imperfections as I am sure some of you noticed but I will certainly be trying a few other things after the relative success of this one.

JJ

Alpine 9855r

2 x DC AUDIO LVL 4 18"

2 x Hybrid Audio Technologies L8

2 X Hybrid Audio Technologies L3

2 X Hybrid Audio Technologies L1 PRO

1 x SAZ 4500D

2 X SAX 50.4

AudioControl Matrix + AudioControl Epicentre 160

8 X hawker genesis deep cycle batteries

Looks good to me bro. What kinds of vehicle is it for?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

It is for a Mercury (ford) cougar, the sub will go on the only face with nothing on it yet! Don't have the sub yet as am awaiting a new one from DC the original had a issue with it unfortunately.

The reason the front is not on yet is I am not sure if I am going to mount it on 20mm lexan or use Birch ply on the front and varnish it for something a bit funky, modern and traditional all in one. It fits up againt the centre console and under the glovebox (not sure if you guy's call it that over there!).

JJ

Alpine 9855r

2 x DC AUDIO LVL 4 18"

1 x SAZ 4500D

2 X SAX 50.4

Why the footwell and not the trunk?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I already have two lvl 4 15"s in the trunk this is to bring a bit more punch to the front will prob have it play 40-120hz ish with a bit of fiddling it should intergrate nicely the 15"s sound awesome and drop well and my front end is damn loud but this will allow me to turn the 15"s down from the matrix and listen at lower levels of volume with still having some low end extension.

JJ

Alpine 9855r

2 x DC AUDIO LVL 4 18"

1 x SAZ 4500D

2 X SAX 50.4

Looks great! How are you going to go about mounting it under the glovebox? Just curious, I've seen people do this before and it sounds great, I was wondering how hard it is to do...

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

It just slots into place mate but I will be using a L bracket from the glovebox fixing to the side of the box to make sure it is very secure but the wooden one which was heavier didn't move at all so I doubt this one will, it just fits between the floor and underside of the glove box I will take a picture of it in place so you can see.

JJ

Alpine 9855r

2 x DC AUDIO LVL 4 18"

1 x SAZ 4500D

2 X SAX 50.4