Sonic Electronix

Equalizer/preamp causing speakers to cut out?

I just installed an equalizer and preamp, I'm using high level inputs, spliced off the rear speakers in the car, the signal is fine, but when the bass in a song hits, the two rear speakers in the car cut out, and the signal is really weak going to the amp, if i remove the high level inputs from the equalizers, the car speakers come back on, and if i plug them in after that, it's fine, until a note hits... It's like the equalizer is drawing too much current from the high level wires or something like that? anyone know what's happening and if there is there any way to fix this?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

I just installed an equalizer and preamp, I'm using high level inputs, spliced off the rear speakers in the car, the signal is fine, but when the bass in a song hits, the two rear speakers in the car cut out, and the signal is really weak going to the amp, if i remove the high level inputs from the equalizers, the car speakers come back on, and if i plug them in after that, it's fine, until a note hits... It's like the equalizer is drawing too much current from the high level wires or something like that? anyone know what's happening and if there is there any way to fix this?

Lol nothing?? Well alright. I figured it out anyway, well sort of, i just use one channel, and one RCA plug, and it works fine. so whatever. ha

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

when you split speaker wires to use as a high level input, you are effectively halving the signal. most HU's will put out ~20 WRMS to each speaker. dividing that gives about 10 to the speaker, and a fairly low signal to the EQ etc. im not sure how to fix what you have, and i am sorry. this is all the info i know!

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived