Sonic Electronix

Need some big help with first set up..

Wow I guess you can't go by specs any more it seems.

You need dual 4 gauge for power. IIRC isn't true 4 gauge inputs on the amp.

For the post above me would probably be your best bet.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

still confused. can someone suggest which amp to get for the subs and which amp for the speakers and all the wiring for it? specifics would be nice.. haha

we need specifics. we cant give you specifics till you give us specifics. such specifics may include, model number of speakers.

i really dont know how to make my last post any more simple. how long have you been in the serious audio game? if you just started then i dont really recommend you just asking for random information with you doing no research whatsoever. it takes a whole hell of alot of time to learn the basics and skills to even do an install 100% correctly.

Didn't u already say u had sub amp? Id use 1/0 from battery to the rear of car. Then use distributionblock that has a few outputs. Try to find biggest wire from distro block to the amp. Different brands of wire r actually thicker than others. U could take amp to stereo shop & have them see what the biggest wire u can fit into amp. Use biggest wire u can fit into terminals. For mids amp, I would go with about a 75x4 and set hp crossover and gains accordingly. Its usually to have a little extra power for headroom so u don't try to overdrive amp

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

Didn't u already say u had sub amp? Id use 1/0 from battery to the rear of car. Then use distributionblock that has a few outputs. Try to find biggest wire from distro block to the amp. Different brands of wire r actually thicker than others. U could take amp to stereo shop & have them see what the biggest wire u can fit into amp. Use biggest wire u can fit into terminals. For mids amp, I would go with about a 75x4 and set hp crossover and gains accordingly. Its usually to have a little extra power for headroom so u don't try to overdrive amp

i agree with the 1/0 to d-block, but OP if you can return that amp, please do. you can get something cheaper that requires less wire for less money and outputs the same power (aka audiopipe ap18001d). but i wouldnt go as far as recommending a mids and highs amp until we know what model number speakers he has. and its his first set up, i highly doubt he knows how to set the crossovers and gains correctly. but hey, thats why we're here lol.

it seems to me he hasnt bout any of it yet? could be wrong. but ima mustang owner and idk how your gunna fit 2 12s in a proper box in the trunk without getting it made in the trunk. and like i said proper box its a tricky task to do. sealed maybe but if you go ported there is no way unless like i said you build it in the trunk

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

it seems to me he hasnt bout any of it yet? could be wrong. but ima mustang owner and idk how your gunna fit 2 12s in a proper box in the trunk without getting it made in the trunk. and like i said proper box its a tricky task to do. sealed maybe but if you go ported there is no way unless like i said you build it in the trunk

yeah i hear everyone complaining about mustang trunks but we had one come into work on sunday and i thought to myself "wow they really do have small trunks". i honestly dont know how you'll fit a 3-4 cubic foot box in that thing without building the box in the trunk.

yeah i hear everyone complaining about mustang trunks but we had one come into work on sunday and i thought to myself "wow they really do have small trunks". i honestly dont know how you'll fit a 3-4 cubic foot box in that thing without building the box in the trunk.

ahh you have no idea i get soo mad!! cause i wanted to do 2 12s sealed off but then i realized i couldnt :( and i dont wanna do 2 10s because everyone has that soo i might try 1 12 sealed off or just go 1 12. i got tired of 10s didnt please me that much even though they werent that great...and its not the fact that the trunks are small, its just there akward and small hole to fit through the trunk. like i got a 12 in a 2.73ft^3 box and its a pain in the ass to put in and out

Edited by lowsound10

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3