Multiple runsof power wire??

Im in the process of running my power wire from the front to the back. But im a little confused on the way I should go. I keep seeing people running like 4+ runs of 0ga from the front to the back with only 1 or 2 alts. Why? If you have 2 200amp alts that would be 400amps max right? And 2 runs of 0ga at 15ft can handle 600amps then why run more? Then I also see people running their power wire from the alts to the front batt then from the front batt to the back bank. Why not from the alts to the back batt bank??

In my situation im running 4 ad244 alts,6g31s, and a sd16k.. The sd16k is said to pull 1600amps at full tilt @1ohm lohm load. So Should I just run 1 run of 0ga per alt stright to the back?? Or go from the alts to front batt then from that to the bank?? All my alts are stock for now and they are stamped 145amp. So at max I might see 500amp. So 1200amps of wire should be good right??

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

Its called resistence. The flow of power will take the path of least resistence. think of it like the flow of water. what flows more a garden hose or a 2" fire truck hose? i use 2 runs of 0g from alts to front battery then 5 runs back of pos and today im pulling 5 more runs for ground. Then i have 12 grounds total 6 in front and 6 in back to frame. If you want you can go directly from alternator to back battery bank. my question is how many grounds do you have and were and what are you grounding too.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I no runs of ground to the back. I have 2 ground in the front to the front batt. And I have 2 grounds on the back bank.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

what terminals would you need to run 3-5 runs from the front to back batt? lol.. ive seen 2.. not 5

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

The muti runs is to spread the current. It displaces heat better being on 4 runs instead of one. It pretty much tricks the power into thinking its a shorter distance. Im sure someone can explain it better lol that just makes the most sence to me.

As for the multi alts all being ran to one batt and then to the back? Thats just dumb..

When i started mine this was not there. Man it took me awhile to come up with a worse explanation.

Its called resistence. The flow of power will take the path of least resistence. think of it like the flow of water. what flows more a garden hose or a 2" fire truck hose? i use 2 runs of 0g from alts to front battery then 5 runs back of pos and today im pulling 5 more runs for ground. Then i have 12 grounds total 6 in front and 6 in back to frame. If you want you can go directly from alternator to back battery bank. my question is how many grounds do you have and were and what are you grounding too.

what terminals would you need to run 3-5 runs from the front to back batt? lol.. ive seen 2.. not 5

I can make you some.

I dont understand the question? I have 2 batterys up front and 3 alts. and i used what wire i could get. justin add more grounds.12v flows in reverse my friend.:) you have to do equal amount of grounds to positive or its pointless imo to do it at all

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

But if it's grounded in front then it's grounded in the back right? So why do you want long grounds? I thought you want grounds short as possible?

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png