Sonic Electronix

I'm trying to build a decent system for mostly sql... I'm in the process of shopping for mids and highs and am getting stuck on what would be the best bang for my buck. So this is what I have so far;

1988 chevy caprice classic

1 RE Audio xxx 12-d2

1 ORION HCCA 2500.1 Class D

1 ORION HCCA 1000.4

I plan to upgrade all the electrical and dedicate most of my trunk for sounds because I hear the XXX needs massive space to flourish. So my next purchase is mids and highs and I would appreciate some suggestions with this setup. I am looking for the best bang for my buck... Not the most expensive but maybe upper end of midrange. Also what should I do as far as box setup for the XXX? I am prob going to go sealed but dont know how big I should go. I have seen as much as 5 cubes for 1 12? Thanks for any input.

PS... If I wanted to add another 12" (with another amp) later on would I have enough space in my trunk to make it worth while?

Berto

Edited by nidus

I'm trying to build a decent system for mostly sql... I'm in the process of shopping for mids and highs and am getting stuck on what would be the best bang for my buck. So this is what I have so far;

1 RE Audio xxx 12-d2

1 ORION HCCA 2500.1

1 ORION HCCA 1000.4

I plan to upgrade all the electrical and dedicate most of my trunk for sounds because I hear the XXX needs massive space to flourish. So my next purchase is mids and highs and I would appreciate some suggestions with this setup. I am looking for the best bang for my buck... Not the most expensive but maybe upper end of midrange. Also what should I do as far as box setup for the XXX? I am prob going to go sealed but dont know how big I should go. I have seen as much as 5 cubes for 1 12? Thanks for any input.

PS... If I wanted to add another 12" (with another amp) later on would I have enough space in my trunk to make it worth while?

Berto

Yeah theres a site (Audioque) they make awesome kits for the highs, and there really good products. I'm getting some soon i got their HDC3's 12's and there AQ2200ds they bang hard and are relatively cheap for how good they are. And for the RE audio sub id rather go ported box than to keep it sealed. sounds alot better and louder usually. expecially being pounded on by a 2500 watt mono lol. but yeah check the audioque site for their componant sets... amazing stuff for the buck

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

1 RE Audio xxx 12-d2

1 ORION HCCA 2500.1

1 ORION HCCA 1000.4

Berto

I dont bang ina car i got a truck, so im not sure on the space needed for 2! of those 12's lol. all i know is i have no backseat and it took alot of room for my box for the hdc3's. worth while though but yeah can get some help from people who run cars i guess lol :)

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

1 RE Audio xxx 12-d2

1 ORION HCCA 2500.1

1 ORION HCCA 1000.4

Berto

I dont bang ina car i got a truck, so im not sure on the space needed for 2! of those 12's lol. all i know is i have no backseat and it took alot of room for my box for the hdc3's. worth while though but yeah can get some help from people who run cars i guess lol :)

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

First of all, in that car there is plenty of room for 2 12s.

Second: What kind of budget do you have for your components?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

maybe $500-$600 (possibly more) for all components... Also if I was going to get a second 12" I am guessing I need second sub amp no?

maybe $500-$600 (possibly more) for all components... Also if I was going to get a second 12" I am guessing I need second sub amp no?

How many sets of components do you want?

And as far as needing a second amp, it's all dependent on your coil configurations and the amp you want to run. if you got D1 subs, you can just get one good sized 1 ohm stable amp, if you have D2 subs you need to get either 2 1 ohm stable amps, or one amp that will do the power you need at 2 ohms.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

How many sets of components do you want?

And as far as needing a second amp, it's all dependent on your coil configurations and the amp you want to run. if you got D1 subs, you can just get one good sized 1 ohm stable amp, if you have D2 subs you need to get either 2 1 ohm stable amps, or one amp that will do the power you need at 2 ohms.

On the components, 4 doors (6.5) and 2 speakers (6x9) in rear deck. I want to keep the original door panels/liners so I wont be doing any custom cutting on the interior.

On the amp, do you or anyone have any experience with this particular ORION? is this amp known to be 1 ohm stable? I am planning to run the 1 sub as is right now at 1 ohm. What would be involved in bridging another amp with this one? would I need to buy a matching amp?

I appreciate all the feedback.

Edited by nidus