most of the times "deer hunting" isn't actually deer hunting thats why I asked. elk antelope and all that crap usually gets dragged in

Oh lol. Didn't even think of that. :pardon:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

most of the times "deer hunting" isn't actually deer hunting thats why I asked. elk antelope and all that crap usually gets dragged in

lol deer is actually what i meant dont see too many elk in alabama lol

or antelope. deer and hogs, that about it in the south.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

or antelope. deer and hogs, that about it in the south.

yup found a few options im looking at going to the store today to get a feel for the rifles and then i'll go from there since there are a few deals floating around

ok so i had a look at the rifles. for whats in my price range (a.k.a. the broke ass mofo who wants it all for nothin lol) there are really only three decent options, Remington 700 ADL, Savage Stevens 200, and a Weatherby (sp?) vangaurd. The Rem and the Weatherby are the same price while the savage is a little cheaper, i didnt hold the savage but the adl seemed to have the stronger bolt, the weatherby bolt just felt flimsy as hell

ok so i had a look at the rifles. for whats in my price range (a.k.a. the broke ass mofo who wants it all for nothin lol) there are really only three decent options, Remington 700 ADL, Savage Stevens 200, and a Weatherby (sp?) vangaurd. The Rem and the Weatherby are the same price while the savage is a little cheaper, i didnt hold the savage but the adl seemed to have the stronger bolt, the weatherby bolt just felt flimsy as hell

check your local pawn shops. you can usually find a nice condition bolt action rifle for a good price. ive bought many many bolt actions from pawn shops for $300. weatherby, remington, and savage. in your price range though, a savage 110 series will be the best out of the box performer. you cant find a better sub $1000 bolt action.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

check your local pawn shops. you can usually find a nice condition bolt action rifle for a good price. ive bought many many bolt actions from pawn shops for $300. weatherby, remington, and savage. in your price range though, a savage 110 series will be the best out of the box performer. you cant find a better sub $1000 bolt action.

yea only problem with checkin the pawn shops is that the only decent place is closed when im off work so id have to take a day off just to check out what hes got in stock. i'll prolly look for a savage 110 and see what i come up with though thanks hugh

I have a Savage Model 110LFP .308 as my deer rifle. The only thing that I have done is added a Timminy trigger and a decent scope. 150+ yard shots are no issue with military surplus ammo from Twin Cities Armory. If you plan on making long shots don't be cheap get a good optic that has a bullet drop compensator built into the reticle. Just my 2 pennies. or go all out and get the Savage in .338 LAPUA! :pardon: