Wiring a rear battery help..

Untitled-5.png

basically its showing.. my front battery to my rear battery and then the rear battery to the amp.. and the chassis in the back to the ground of the rear battery to the ground of the amp... is this setup okay/safe ?? and also the rear battery is about 1/2 the size.. is that gonna be an issue ? thanks !trink40.gif

It works when you do it that way and its also safe.

Some people suggest groundin the amp to the chassis but the battery negative will work.

:drink40:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

i say spend the 30$ and get a ground run too. I see ground noise if youre grounding the battery and amp in different spots. You'll thank me later when you have a + and - run to the back ;) Helps a TON. Also, different sized batteries are ok. Unless you have like a duralast up front, kinetik 1200, yellow top, xs power all in back, then you're fine. I ran 2 different style batteries and never had a problem.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

i say spend the 30$ and get a ground run too. I see ground noise if youre grounding the battery and amp in different spots. You'll thank me later when you have a + and - run to the back ;) Helps a TON. Also, different sized batteries are ok. Unless you have like a duralast up front, kinetik 1200, yellow top, xs power all in back, then you're fine. I ran 2 different style batteries and never had a problem.

the ground from the battery and the amp will be 1 spot though.. i'm confused..

Also some people have different results when doing the same things.

My voltage stayed the same even after I ran a negative from rear battery

to front battery and I havn't had any static noise myself when grounding

in different spots. But like I said, sometimes people get different results.

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

the ground from the battery and the amp will be 1 spot though.. i'm confused..

I had a problem when I ran mine that way, since the rear battery is grounded to the chassis, you want to ground the amp there too. That's why im saying just run another ground connecting the front and back battery. You wont need to fuse it, so itll be easier and cheaper then the power.Plus, youll never have to worry about sanding more spots in the car or finding grounding points if you decide to do more amps. it ends up being more efficient and easier to do installs when you basically have everything right there, if that makes sence.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

mines wired just as you drew it, no problems what soever

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I had nasty ground noise with mine like that, and as soon as i ran a ground to the back, it stopped. It'll work fine the way he has it, but im just sayin a ground run will make life easier.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived