Computer running realy slow

as to the mac guy, of course box store computers are crap compared to mac, actually they are crap period, you end up paying an extra 500 bucks almost when you can almost always get it direct form the maker online for cheaper and havea better selection, they always screw you somewhere, most commonly the cpu or graphics card, integrated anything sucks

but people like me that build their own pcs, we dont need your overpriced macs, for the same power mac is almost always 500 or more dollars, i do a price comparison every few months to see how well macs are pricewise, pcs are quite better than macs, as long as you dont go buy it at best buy and do some research and build it yourself and save lots of money, heck even go to a site where you just choose from a selection of things and let them build it, still cheaper and prolly better, admit pc sucked in the OS department until what i call the first thing to EVER work out of the box for microsoft, windows 7

anyways back to the problem

as i always state in these issues, spybot should be on every computer, no program is 100% everything, but you can cover almost e very issue with 3-4 programs, a few of which are free and better than most you pay for

another is glary utilities, it is the "maid" for your computer, set it up once, and then only have to click one button from then on, or if you get pro version, pay for it or not, you can choose routine maintenance and it will clean your computer of tons of stuff, keep registry running smoothly (most common slowpc issue besides fragged hd) an d it also has 20 or so tools for helping out with your pc

to the norton guy, norton absoultely sucked until last year when it completely remodeled its norton 360 from the ground up, norton is finally a reasonable software to have on your computer

malwarebytes is good, i personally prefer ashampoo antimalware, as in tests on my own computer it found some extra issues that malwarebytes didnt locate

my all time favorite overall security suite is eset smart security/nod32, that is because when i got a massive virus through a microsoft update out of 11 different security suites, nod32 was the only one to identify the problem, after i got it fixed, microsoft released a statement apologizing for the security breach, lol

another good one is zone-alarm extreme security

there are tons, you could google a quick best security software 2010 and find plenty of reputable software

ust be sure ot nhav e these main issues covered and many programs under these main issues cover the other little security issues

spyware/adware - my choice is spybot it also gets some malware, it also scans your pc for 1.3 million known issues and "immunizes" your browsers form various problems

malware - malware is becoming more of its own problem as hackers evolve - malwarebytes is probably the most popular, i like ashampoo anti-malware

anti-virus - most of these are virus and spyware and few other things, bu some are also just virus protection read the fine print before thinking this protects you form everything

firewall - windows 7, xp, mac os, all have basic firewall features, some better than others, but a good firewall is always handy, its the first line of defense for many issues

i have firewall, and on-demand protection for almost everything type of problem, of course some get through sometimes, but i always get a pop-up if something does, and its always caught

glary utilities for basic maintenance much better than basic windows maintenance programs another program like this is called ccleaner but glary is better

also i use a program called magical defrag from ashampoo, it keeps my computer defragged 24/7 silently in the background, there are other programs like this i prefer ashampoo for this

also, browsers have built in security osme better than others, my browser of choice is firefox, best add-ons are no-script, adblock and flashblock, that is a trifecta of hacking blocked automatically unless you personally allow it, there is of course more, but those are most important

edit: if you put that much money into memory, you should get a much larger hardrive, they are quite cheap 120gig is very small, considering you can get 2 TB of space for under 100 bucks, it will also help with having a lot of space open, if your hd gets full, or even 3/4 sometimes depending on manufacturer it can really slow down

i dont recommend solid state drives right now unless you have an extra 150-200 bucks for a small drive, but ssd are very good for your boot drive, extremely fast almost no wait for most drive related tasks

Edited by kynto

i am running a full scan now

again with the computer noobs on here, its always the same unlogical answer, REFORMAT OMFGAWDZ. Keifer, have you even attempted to try to remove the virus/malware? i recommend to try to use Malwarebytes

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

find a way to download it on to your computer, if you cannot download it on yoru computer, download it from another computer and put it on a thumbdrive. boot into safe mode (google how to do that if you dont know how) and install it from there. then update it and then run a full scan.

Team maxxsonics

Team Power Master

65005a0.jpg

im sorry that my laptop my desk top has 687 gig hd and 6gig ram

dont matter these days same power is almsot capable for basic setups, 6 core processors are hardly useful, both laptop and desktop cna have quad processors and aptops cna have 2 tb hd, 1tb is affordable and dekstop can fit 3tb hd

point is more hd is always a good thing, plus if its only 687 gb hd, thats either what is free or your getting screwed by the hd manufacturer, that is quit the weird number, unless its multiple drives to make the weird number, anyways desktop seems fine, do the scan like you already said your doing, doesnt hurt to try more programs and save up for more hd, dont have to but it doesnt hurt, even portable hds are becoming too cheap

go the free option of course first, lol, see if that helps