Sonic Electronix

Around 320$ to spend on subs, throw me some ideas.

Bump! Found two new possible set ups that I'm loving. First off would be 10 of these High excursion, low fs 8's. I would be able to run around 1200 watts RMS and have some pretty decent cone area, actually ALMOST as much as two 18's! The second option would be 10 of these Hifonics HFI12D4 12" 600W Subwoofer's with the ability to run about 3000 watts RMS and the cone area of over 4 18's! What do you guys think? Would I have a nice ground pounder maybe? I would like my future future setup to be a nice ground pounder.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

I dont think you have the space, but 10 of the hfi 12s will sound good, but... if you ever get on a meter youll be disappointed. ive done a few setups with them and they sounded great, got really low, but didnt meter high.

if your looking to save money i would just browse the forsale section for a while till something pops up that you like.

oh and if you get the hfi subs, right when you bet them, go ahead a break of the black plastic piece covering up the magnet. if you dont youll here a buzz when any bass around 65 to 70hz plays,

Edited by fritosaregood

Bump! Found two new possible set ups that I'm loving. First off would be 10 of these High excursion, low fs 8's. I would be able to run around 1200 watts RMS and have some pretty decent cone area, actually ALMOST as much as two 18's! The second option would be 10 of these Hifonics HFI12D4 12" 600W Subwoofer's with the ability to run about 3000 watts RMS and the cone area of over 4 18's! What do you guys think? Would I have a nice ground pounder maybe? I would like my future future setup to be a nice ground pounder.

I seen a few builds with those 12s, i saw one pushing a shit ton of air with 12 of those 12s. also seen a few failed at this set up, it's all in the install. if u can built the right box do it !!! if not stick with 2 good 12s to their max potential ! 3krms can be very loud for 2 12s.

I'm not looking to meter high, I couldn't care less about SPL anymore. I just want them to sound good on songs

Edited by 96Blazer

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.