Sonic Electronix

Ok, I have a 1700 watt amp, (yes, CEA compliant, 1700RMS) running off a stock alt right now, at about half or 2/3 power. Head lights dim a bit etc.. But i just got new subs, so i'm going to be able to crank it now... Just wondering, with full 0AWG big three, and a new, non-deep cycle, oem type battery, Am i going to see major issues? By major i mean like, 11 volts and below... NOT headlights dimming, and not low voltage. I'm not doing an SPL build, i'm not worried about dipping below 14 volts or anything. But, my main thing is, will this system be USABLE, because right now, i can't afford a deep cycle batt, or 2 like i've been recommended... I'm moving soon, need first/last rent etc... Trying to see if this system will work, not at its peak potential.. but will it work? for now? this is kind of an open ended question but i just need some opinions.

**EDIT

Just to be clear, it's 1700 watts on my low end, on top of my HU and mids/highs, along with some low-current LED light bars...

Edited by osamio

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

just dont beat the hell out of it if you turn it up and see low voltage like 11.xx or lower just dont turn it up that loud till you can afford to upgrade

Well, i know that, the thing is, i'm in a position to buy either the second sub i'm looking at, or a deep cycle batt, and hold off on the second sub, leaving a nice empty hole in my trunk :angry: OR i can get the sub now, battery second... which would be more worth it in your opinion?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

just dont beat the hell out of it if you turn it up and see low voltage like 11.xx or lower just dont turn it up that loud till you can afford to upgrade

Well, i know that, the thing is, i'm in a position to buy either the second sub i'm looking at, or a deep cycle batt, and hold off on the second sub, leaving a nice empty hole in my trunk :angry: OR i can get the sub now, battery second... which would be more worth it in your opinion?

Personally I would go with the battery that way when you get your second sub you will have the power to back it up. :good:

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kenwood eXcelon 1800 watt amp

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

Boston acoustics rear speakers

alpine 4 channel

AH good points. IDK but this SUCKS. It's gonna be friday when i decide on a batt or sub, and then i'm gonna have to wait like a month for the other :bull:

I need a better job.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

a month isnt that long its going to be that long or more for me to even start my build

That's unfortunate man. I'm saying a month cause i'm due for a youtube check. If i wasn't getting that. I have no clue when i'd be able to afford it, more than a month.. thats for sure.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

a month isnt that long its going to be that long or more for me to even start my build

That's unfortunate man. I'm saying a month cause i'm due for a youtube check. If i wasn't getting that. I have no clue when i'd be able to afford it, more than a month.. thats for sure.

dude hook me up with subscribers and views i need a partnership haha

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Whats your youtube osamio?

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kenwood eXcelon 1800 watt amp

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

Boston acoustics rear speakers

alpine 4 channel