Sonic Electronix

how would you run the wires if your car battery is in your trunk? i know i would have to have 2 runs batt pos to alt and batt ground to engine block. if i need to i will cut a hole or 2 for them to fit through the firewall. i was thinking run them under the carpet in the car, but i have a wall so i would have to cut a hole in the carpet for the wires to come out of the carpet behind the drivers seat right in front of the wall and then cut a hole or 2 in the side panel of the wall for the 2 runs. is this my best choice?

how would you run the wires if your car battery is in your trunk? i know i would have to have 2 runs batt pos to alt and batt ground to engine block. if i need to i will cut a hole or 2 for them to fit through the firewall. i was thinking run them under the carpet in the car, but i have a wall so i would have to cut a hole in the carpet for the wires to come out of the carpet behind the drivers seat right in front of the wall and then cut a hole or 2 in the side panel of the wall for the 2 runs. is this my best choice?

The alternator positive to battery positive is the only run that goes the whole length of the car. Yes, cut a hole in the firewall, or if you can shove it(carefully) through an existing hole from the factory, use that. Then it's up to you and your specific car where you run the wire. You have a wall, as in subs are walled off? Idk about your specific set up, but for the most part, the only holes you should have to cut are in the firewall. unless you have an enclosure that won't allow that? Also, when making a hole in the fire wall, use a rubber or plastic firewall grommet that won't allow the wire to rub against the sharp edges of the hole, otherwise it WILL short out eventually. Secondly, The Engine block can be grounded to any GOOD ground point on the frame. I would recommend the strut towers. Try to keep the ground wire as short as possible though. Then, the battery negative wire can be grounded to any GOOD ground in the trunk(chassis ground, don't need to run it the full length of the car), If you have a newer car, it will probably be unibody, which means generally anything painted the same color as the outside of the car is a decent ground. Check it with a volt meter to be sure. ANYWHERE you do decide to ground it, use a nut/bolt, and sand off any paint in the area. Give me a little more detail about the wall your talking about in the back and i can help you figure out where to run the wire.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!