Sonic Electronix

I was set on thinking i'd just need another battery, and the AMI Customs called me a noob because i was worried about draining the battery without a high output alt:

Lemme get this straight, if i have a stock alt, but a high capacity deep cycle battery, The battery will handle the amount of current my sound system draws that the alternator can't handle right? Which brings me to this:

What happens when i drive say, 20 minutes, bumping the whole time? If the sound system is over-drawing the alternator, then the battery will not be charging, and when i shut the car off the battery will be too low to start the car?

And substitute any amount of time, i mean, let's say i drive an hour, then i could potentially kill the battery completely, and have to shut the system off to allow the alt to charge the battery before i shut the car off??

This is why people run battery banks. And yes you can do exactly what you are saying happens to a lot of people who have no idea what they are doing, we call those people....noobs....LOL

But apparently if it's not full blast 1700 watts the whole time, i should be fine, so i'm not really sure why he has such an issue...

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

One more thing, is it a bad idea to add an AGM batt to my stock batt? it'd be really easy, they're both in the trunk, I was thinking i might as well just leave them both in, or would that be bad if only one is deep cycle?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!