I'm charging my batteries one at time, After its fully charged do I leave it in float charge mode? Does it benefit at all leaving it on the charger a while longer in float mode? I read somewhere that theres a way to give batteries a deeper charge but can't remember how exactly. My batteries are both XS power, a S3400 and a D1200. charger putting no more than 13.2 on the batteries.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

yes, I have tried to just hook the charger to batteries while in the car and it charges them in about 2min but if I do them one at a time out of the car it takes a good while longer. they average 12.8 sitting overnight. I like to throw them on the charge about once a month regardless. right now my battery has been float charging for about 30min but i am confused about giving them that "deep charge" what amperage in charging does this? I set the charger to not put more than 14v to each battery.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

lol its cool bro I'm just trying to understand,

1.how to give my batteries a deeper charge, read somewhere that you don't want to use a trickle charger which mine is not. Also you don't want to charge them to fast either.

2. why is it when batteries are connected in the car and run in parallel the charger hits 100% full in about 1-2min but when I take each battery down and do them separately it takes a lot longer for each one to get to 100% full.

They rest at 12.8v but I have also read as maintenance I should charge batteries once in a while to help them out.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I am at the last stretch on upgrading my electrical, my last step is a HO alternator but I am honestly on the fence with either mechman and DC power which they make something for my car. Regardless of that i understand a alternator is not a battery charger and even when i get that main piece of my puzzle i still want to take care of my batteries.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

they take a while to charge, because they run in a cycle, it feeds little juice at a time to the batts, as in a car, the alternator is constantly charging them.. note (my batts stay at 14.6/14.7 steady). The alt is feeding it continuously not little by little.. Hope this helps i'm not the greatest in electrical but i do understand the basics of it

What kind of car?? i got mine from DC, but had problems with the alt when i tried to install it such as clearance issues, and fittment, had to use a washer to cover up the gap i was getting from one of the studs.. the machine work was offset, i have to take it back out later to remachine the damn thing.

Edited by speedball1978

Yup he is lol, Kyle I been through emails with Robbie about that 180HP for my car and like I said I am on the fence as any other customer is. I am most likely going to reach a level of 2000rms for one amp and then around 400rms on my second amp. I know my 90amp alt suffers at idle right now with what I have currently but with these goals that I am going to try to reach I want to plan ahead. I have read the stories of the 3500D las vegas trip on the 180HP alt.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg