also, if you ever come toward this side of the state, i can fit you a beaver tail, new hammer, refinish the gun, and get you a really sweet trigger job in there. i know 1911's inside and out....

my rock island started out like yours, then i got to work on it...

i cut the frame tangs for the beaver tail. once i finished that, it had to be refinished.... sandblasted the frame, did a carry melt, and re-parkerized.

IMG00372-20100706-2209.jpg

IMG00373-20100706-2209.jpg

blued the barrel hood for a slick look

l_a992545fe41f41dcaa13818e8ffe46ee.jpg

ready for reassembly

IMG00385-20100707-2056.jpg

the beaver tail grip safety installed

IMG00388-20100707-2106.jpg

new short GI trigger, and ed brown low ride extended thumb safety

IMG00386-20100707-2106.jpg

IMG00389-20100707-2107.jpg

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Hell yeah that looks great with the barrel hood blued. It will be a carry for a while I suppose but I was looking at the black hawk serpa level 2. I had originally planned to get an FN FNX 40 and a serpa but ended up with this here 1911. I found a LH one on Amazon for $22 shipped and I am half tempted to get it because I shoot lefty half the time anyway because that eye is dominant. And I don't have nerve damage in my left hand lol.

Hell yeah that looks great with the barrel hood blued. It will be a carry for a while I suppose but I was looking at the black hawk serpa level 2. I had originally planned to get an FN FNX 40 and a serpa but ended up with this here 1911. I found a LH one on Amazon for $22 shipped and I am half tempted to get it because I shoot lefty half the time anyway because that eye is dominant. And I don't have nerve damage in my left hand lol.

thats a good price for that serpa. one thing though, you have to remember that kydex holsters are a really hard material that WILL damage the finish of the gun.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

thats a good price for that serpa. one thing though, you have to remember that kydex holsters are a really hard material that WILL damage the finish of the gun.

Yeah I wanted it to make sure it was very snug in the holster to prevent the minor movement some holsters have to reduce at least some wear on the finish. Got any links to some holsters you prefer? Do you carry with the RIA 1911?

Actually I think I will go with the right handed serpa. I decided against the left handed because the guns safety is not ambidextrous and my right handed draw is much smoother. I will get some level one left hander to practice with sometime though.