7.1 /7.2 home theater that does 150-200 rms

as the title states im looking for a home theater/stereo that is a 7.1 or 7.2 that is capable of 150-200 rms at 8 ohms x 7 i want something that is ment for both music and as a home theater aplication planning to build a set of 7 3 way towers. something under 900 any ideas

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I'm not too up to date anymore on a/v recievers. But I'm about to buy the Pioneer 1020-k which is 7.1 x 85rms @ 8ohms. It's only $550 or cheaper online. To find the power you want though you are looking into the $8-1,500 range probably to get something of quality.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

ya i just realized that on cruthfield they list rms for stereo power but not surround im thinking about down sizing to a 5.1 or .2

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Actually you would be better buying a good 7.1 receiver with preouts and then buy a external amp to get the power you need. That's a lot of power on a 7.1 setup and won't be cheap no matter what you decide. I like avsforum.com for info like what your looking for though

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_305HWC900/Samsung-HW-C900.html?tp=179&tab=features_and_specs

see this is almost what im looking for but look at the specs for surround wattage it says 120 but idk if thats rms x 7

And the .1 or .2 doesn't matter. Just get a RCA splitter unless you want two subs in stereo mode one left one right. Do a good 6.1 and you'll be happy. 7.1 is mice there just isn't much out for it right now. Only movie I know in 7.1 is crank 2. Upconverting can be good in 7.1 but at times it will bug the hell out of you if it starts to take too much away from a front or surround speaker on older 5.1 or less audio quality titles.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I LOVE samsung TVs. But I haven't found a receiver of theirs I like. I'm on my mobile so crutchfield is kind of meh and I can't see all the specs but at that price in crutchfield no way it's true rms power.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

ya i say .2 becouse i want a sub in stereo i have a few power amps around that i could just run them as subs. so your saying a 7.1 would be over kill and couldnt be used to its full potential as of todays movies?

True 7.1 is AMAZING to listen to but the technology just isn't used widely yet. I think Sony is working on an official 7.1 format that will soon be used more often. And most 7.1 receiver let you run 7.1 or 5.1 so it could be switched for certain movies if it was starting to not sound as clear of a transition from speaker to speaker. How big of a room is this going in?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

im thinking about this http://www.crutchfield.com/s_022RXA3000/Yamaha-RX-A3000.html?tp=179 thats double my budget but i think im gona save and do things right the first time so i dont have to do it again and id have to get a tape to see the size im unsure atm. in your expiernce how does a 7.1 do on music