Sonic Electronix

step one: feel like a dumbass driving that car around.

step two: buy some decent woofers, DC, DD, FI, something.

step three: facepalm at yourself.

Edit: Just curious on how much those lambo door hinges cost. could have had a really nice system for what those cost alone.

okay fanboy :noob: the t5 are better and can take more power than the rw's should work in the wall just fine

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

step one: feel like a dumbass driving that car around.

step two: buy some decent woofers, DC, DD, FI, something.

step three: facepalm at yourself.

Edit: Just curious on how much those lambo door hinges cost. could have had a really nice system for what those cost alone.

okay fanboy :noob: the t5 are better and can take more power than the rw's should work in the wall just fine

Yes, i know they can take more power, ect. that is where the problem lies, weather or not there is going to be enough airspace and port area to support them, yea i could just throw them in there and call it a day if i dont care if theyre in the proper enclosure or not, thats what im trying to get at here is yes, i know i will have a decent ammount of air space for what im wanting out of them, as far as port area im not sure, thats the only thing left and i cant calculate port area worth a damn lol

goin over to my friends shop today I will give you the cube requirement for the t5 when I find out

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Sweet. Thanks for the input guys! Only bad thing I have heard was that on the t5s they used cheap glue to glue the surround to the cone and it separates, but thats not a big deal, can easily be fixed...

My main concern now is port area and these enclosures being ok for the t5s....ive looked everywhere online but cant seem to find anything that gives me an answer as far as port area, all the calculators come up with crazy numbers....i got exact enclosure measurements now if they could help in someone helping mme find the port area? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Enclosure (Outer dimensions, wood thickness included- 0.75" MDF)

20" deep

15" tall

40" wide

Port dimensions (Dimensions PER port, total of 4 ports, 1 per sub, inside dimensions, wood thickness not included) - (SLOT PORTS) -

13.5" tall

2.5" wide

22" long

Haha sorry man i can't help with the ports and such, i'm REALLY not the type for custom boxes. I build mine, but i build directly from manufacturers specs. Someone will get back to you on that, as for the T5's surround, I'd say there's not much to worry about with that, Unless you're giving em too much power. Soundstream subs can really take a beating.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Sweet. Thanks for the input guys! Only bad thing I have heard was that on the t5s they used cheap glue to glue the surround to the cone and it separates, but thats not a big deal, can easily be fixed...

My main concern now is port area and these enclosures being ok for the t5s....ive looked everywhere online but cant seem to find anything that gives me an answer as far as port area, all the calculators come up with crazy numbers....i got exact enclosure measurements now if they could help in someone helping mme find the port area? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Enclosure (Outer dimensions, wood thickness included- 0.75" MDF)

20" deep

15" tall

40" wide

Port dimensions (Dimensions PER port, total of 4 ports, 1 per sub, inside dimensions, wood thickness not included) - (SLOT PORTS) -

13.5" tall

2.5" wide

22" long

Haha sorry man i can't help with the ports and such, i'm REALLY not the type for custom boxes. I build mine, but i build directly from manufacturers specs. Someone will get back to you on that, as for the T5's surround, I'd say there's not much to worry about with that, Unless you're giving em too much power. Soundstream subs can really take a beating.

Sweet. I plan to give them 100 watts over on RMS, but, I wouldnt think that would really matter...maybe more strictly in a burp.

As for the specs for the T5s, i know soundstream spec...minimum they recommend is 2 cubes per sub, max is 4....me and a guy on here figured everything out, im sitting at 2 cubic foot per sub after displacement, 16.95 sq in. port area per cubic foot, tuned to 40.3HZ....im hoping i can get somewhere in the high 140s with this....it will be walled with 4 t5s on 4000 watts RMS...

Thing that sucks is the guy that built my enclsoures told me they would be tuned to 32hz, at 2.25 cubic foot a sub....kind of wish I had bigger enclosures to get a little louder, but, as long as these get me to my goal or at least close ill be happy. I really dont want to build new enclosures lol, maybe later down the line if i end up not happy with these, but not right now