BryceMeiklejohn Posted January 26, 2011 Report Posted January 26, 2011 Hi I have a 2003 corolla ce and theres currently an aftermarket deck in it. However I would like to upgrade to a touch deck but it seems like most of these are double din. Apparently my car is din and a half? Is this true or will a double din deck work? Are there any din and a half touch decks? Quote
EclipseChris Posted January 26, 2011 Report Posted January 26, 2011 Can do a single din flip out or modify to make the double din fit. But if you had to make this thread i assume you shouldn't modify. Got any pics of it? Quote i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
BryceMeiklejohn Posted January 26, 2011 Author Report Posted January 26, 2011 Can do a single din flip out or modify to make the double din fit. But if you had to make this thread i assume you shouldn't modify. Got any pics of it? So would this one work? http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/products/2010/multimedia/multimedia_source_unit/VZ400/ca-en-product-pf_1259402482170.html And I dont do any modifications haha dont worry. Ill post pics in a sec. Quote
BlitZ Posted January 26, 2011 Report Posted January 26, 2011 yes, that one will work... Quote old set up Alpine IDA-X305S Memphis M-Class 4x6" Focal Access 6.5" Hifonics BRZ2100.1D 2x DC Audio Lvl 4 15's Big 3, DR44 Alt, Yellow Top http://www.youtube.com/user/SicNoma003
BryceMeiklejohn Posted January 26, 2011 Author Report Posted January 26, 2011 Can do a single din flip out or modify to make the double din fit. But if you had to make this thread i assume you shouldn't modify. Got any pics of it? So would this one work? http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/products/2010/multimedia/multimedia_source_unit/VZ400/ca-en-product-pf_1259402482170.html And I dont do any modifications haha dont worry. Ill post pics in a sec. and heres a pic Quote
EclipseChris Posted January 26, 2011 Report Posted January 26, 2011 Should work, but now... how confident are you with the wiring? since someone else put it in, expect it to be a rats nest. Quote i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
BryceMeiklejohn Posted January 26, 2011 Author Report Posted January 26, 2011 Should work, but now... how confident are you with the wiring? since someone else put it in, expect it to be a rats nest. The single din flip out one will work? or a double din one? And I would get it installed. I dont mess with that stuff haha. Quote
EclipseChris Posted January 26, 2011 Report Posted January 26, 2011 The single din flip out one will work? or a double din one? And I would get it installed. I dont mess with that stuff haha. Single din will work. Should always replace a single din with a single din. Almost makes sense huh? Quote i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
BryceMeiklejohn Posted January 26, 2011 Author Report Posted January 26, 2011 The single din flip out one will work? or a double din one? And I would get it installed. I dont mess with that stuff haha. Single din will work. Should always replace a single din with a single din. Almost makes sense huh? Haha yeah sorry I know I sound like a noob, but im new to the car audio game. As for the single din thing, this current deck is din and and a half, so it will still work? Quote
ambrizd528 Posted January 27, 2011 Report Posted January 27, 2011 i installed a alpine ixa404 in my moms 05 corolla and it fit perfect you should have no problem with a double din Quote 2004 Escalade Ext Pioneer avh8400 Kicker ix500.4 Kicker ix1000.1 Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg Sundown X-15 Sundown Sa-6.5c x2 KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire Build Log
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.