Sundown Audio

Amp problem

DannyV18

I bought a used IA20.1 and have been having problems with it so far. I have the gain matched to my head unit (alpine cda 105) and no bass boost. Subsonic filter set at 26 hz, low pass at 60 hz.

I played decaf's hypnotize and about 15 seconds into the bassline my sub just cut off. Checked the fuse up front and it was good. Checked the all the wiring and it was good (sub is wired to 1 ohm). All connections are secure. I have 1 run of 1/0 from the front batt and i am grounded to the frame.

I hooked my ipod up to the amp and it played pretty weakly, then for some reason it suddenly had like twice the output. I got another pair of rca's and hooked them up, but that didn't help.

Now it ocassionly comes on, but has pretty low output. When i try to turn it up it just shuts off again. Voltage is good when it cuts off, around 14. Amp power light is on even after the sub cuts off.

I am really perplexed at this and am wondering if i have to send it to db-r for repairs. Ask any question on info that i missed.

I turn it down when i know that i'm playing a 25-28 hz tone. And plus that isn't part of the problem.

Look I was just helping on that issue too. And I already said it sounds like who ever sold you the amp had a issue.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I turn it down when i know that i'm playing a 25-28 hz tone. And plus that isn't part of the problem.

Look I was just helping on that issue too. And I already said it sounds like who ever sold you the amp had a issue.

Yeah i got it from a guy off here. The deal was too good to be true i guess. But he did lie to me about it and send me old pics from when it was actually in good shape.

Looking for a diagnosis...

Whats your electrical like, those IA20.1's are pretty underrated, so it might be shutting off due to voltage drop

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

so its not going into protect?

easiest way to be 100% sure would be to swap out the amp. if everything works fine then its the amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.