Sundown Audio

Subsonic filter

Freshman6969

alright many of you know im not one to make stupid threads about random useless shit unless needed

so, i scoped my amp a few weeks ago thanks to a really good guy, not sure how well i did but i know it wasent clipping

my question is, how much will the subsonic filter effect clipping? i dident mess with it to much but i turned it "down" a bit and now it hits a hell of alot harder

also how to you effectivly set the subsonic filter? does it have to do with your tuning + ft^2?

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I'm surprised to see this thread by you. A SF won't cause clipping. It just blocks out frequencies lower than what its set to, and allows higher frequencies to play. Pretend its a highpass filter. It should be set about 5hz lower than box tuning.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I'm surprised to see this thread by you. A SF won't cause clipping. It just blocks out frequencies lower than what its set to, and allows higher frequencies to play. Pretend its a highpass filter. It should be set about 5hz lower than box tuning.

yeah tell me about it lol, but id rather ask and get the right answer, it was round a lil over half and im tuned to 30 so im guessing i could still go down a bit more, i did go to test it more, but i ended up getting stuck in the damn parking lot lmfao

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

I would set it near 25hz then. Just be careful with the low lows lol. You don't want overexcursion, especially if the subs are overpowered.

It must've sucked to get stuck there lml

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

I would set it near 25hz then. Just be careful with the low lows lol. You don't want overexcursion, especially if the subs are overpowered.

It must've sucked to get stuck there lml

thing that sucks is i have no idea where to set it since it only shows 20hz and.....i cant remember off the top of my head the top # so i gotta wing it

and yeah it did suck lol, half it was plowed, then i figure oh shit ill just 4x4 that shit, yeah well the foot and a half we got last night decided to freeze and get me stuck >.> oh wellz

im also thinking i might be able to push a 150+ out of this now because of how high i had the SS set

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Yeah, you have to guesstimate where to set the SF ftl.

Idk whether or not you'll get a 150, but this should sound more dynamic.

LMFAO so true

Not necessarily. My 18" AA avalanche in 10+ cubes tuned to 20hz needs no subsonic filter on 800 watts. Hell, it is barely at xmax full tilt with slight clipping. I built a box recently for a 18" Fi BTL in 8+ cubes tuned to 33hz on an AQ 2200 and the subsonic filter is at around 20hz. It was able to play a 20hz tone at full tilt with slight clipping and it was within xmech. Also, remember that filters are sloped cutoffs and not just a straight drop off. That's why it may be slightly louder at, say 35hz, when you turned the subsonic down, from say 25hz to 20hz.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.