Sonic Electronix

best way to get the best bass out of a convertable

I've had good luck putting the enclosure as far rear as possible, firing foward, but trimmed off like a wall, so no sound or pressure goes behind the enclosure. I'll dig up some pics of the 70 Chevelle I did that in.

box sealed off from trunk, subs and port facing interior with seats down, replace rear seats with sub(s) and box if possible (just a thought)

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

I've done a few convertibles and its a bitch for sure. The problem is with the top down you can hear all of the trunk rattling since it's close so I had to deaden the crap out of the trunk. Also, where normally I'd go for no speakers in the rear sides in a normal car to get a good front stage, on a convertible you just want as much volume as you can get to overcome the wind noise on the highway so I have 6.5's in the doors and the rear to keep up. Obviously there are other issues as well, such as most trunks on convertibles are prone to leak since the well where the top goes usually lets a little water in eventually. Also, there are drain holes that need to be kept free of debris or water will pool in certain areas depending on the car. My best or at least loudest vert is a Sebring with four 12" Arc Flatlines sandwiched in the trunk in a sealed box powered by the 4000Se and then the Arc SE4200 running the mids/highs. Good luck!

Arc Audio

Pioneer

Memphis

Massive

Mechman

Rockford Fosgate

Dakota Digital

Soon to be DC audio!!!