Major Question About Alts......damage Help

well i have an excessive amperage 250 amp alt on my van, and i just replaced the traney in the van and the guy helping me was puting the starter in and connected the battery back before the starter was bolted back up (dumb ass) well it arck'd real bad and i heard it and disconected the battery before he could fuck something else up....

well that was 3 weeks ago, well last night i got my wall put in the van and i was reinstalling the batts in the back and the 0/2 power wire to the bank in the rear to the bats as well, well when i got to the alt to hook the power wire to the positive leg on the back of the alt, it would not turn eaisly so i added just a little more pressure and the nut came off and so did the rest of the bolt and after looking closer at the nut/bolt combo i realised that they had became fused together because of a short or arc strong and long enough to do that kind of damage....

well on the positive leg there , there is a ring terminal that holds my 8ga wire going to my front battery, but my problem is now i have a broken terminal on the alt and no way (that i can figure out yet) to attach my power wires to , to power my batterys with, and im not sure if i can take the alt apart and replace the broken bolt with a new one , i dont forsee the option of drilling out the bolt and useing a tap/die set and threading in a new bolt because the orignal isnt but maybe 3/16's diamator, real small ....any one happen to have an idea that i can do to possibly fix this problem

o and im sure i need a new voltage regulator, which isnt a problem just a run to autozone.....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived