Second Skin Audio

Box Recommendation for Single RE SX18 d2 for s10 Blazer

bosco2023

I have a 2002 S10 blazer and a hifonics 2000d running at 1 ohm, 220 alt,1/0 cable, 2 odessey agm's in rear. Amp should be around 1800 from what ive heard. My max dimensions are 37'' wide 23'' high and 25 deep. Would like the box tuned to 32-35 hz if you guys think that would sound good for this particular sub. Im gonna be using 3/4'' mdf and would like subs up and port rear on drivers side with a double top baffle. Someone recommended this enclosure tuned to 37 hz..isnt the tuning high? Good for 50/50 spl and music..Never used Re before.

Thank You very much

Rich

38408d1358103315-just-bought-re-sx18-need-enclosure-help-s10-blazer-bosco.jpg

I think the tuning you want to run is more suited rather than 37Hz. 32-35 is perfectly fine. Honestly, if you want a simple L-ported box, it's pretty straight forward. I might drop volume JUST a bit since the amp is a little over what the sub is rated for. Plenty of guys can design that box for you. Usually in that SUV, I thought sub up and port horizontally across the bottom was most effective. Still firing toward the back though :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I think the tuning you want to run is more suited rather than 37Hz. 32-35 is perfectly fine. Honestly, if you want a simple L-ported box, it's pretty straight forward. I might drop volume JUST a bit since the amp is a little over what the sub is rated for. Plenty of guys can design that box for you. Usually in that SUV, I thought sub up and port horizontally across the bottom was most effective. Still firing toward the back though :)

I had good results with port on side facing rear in a astro.. With this design above, i will have about 9-10 inches from sub to headliner and 10 inches from rear hatch. kinda close, i know but need a way to get 7-8 cubic foot. Seems like a lot of internal space. I had 2 dc lvl 4 subs 15'' in 8 cubic foot in my astro on 25oo rms.

Here is a suggestion, check the notes below the pic:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33.5 Hz

Vb = 6.6 ft^3

External Height = 21.5 in

External Width = 37 in

External Depth = 23.5 in

Port Width = 28 in

Port Height = 3 3/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 37 x 23 1/2

Left & Right Sides = 22 x 19 1/4

Front & Back = 37 x 19 1/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 18 5/8 x 29 1/2

Extension = 1 x 29 1/2

Port Left Side Assembly:

18 5/8 x 3 3/8

5 1/8 x 3 3/8

Port Right Side Assembly:

18 5/8 x 3 3/8

5 1/8 x 3 3/8

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

1x18SUPB.jpg

- The port needs 3 3/8" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp's subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

• 3 years later...

I am putting an RE SX18D2 in a Ford Escape, id like to go ported, could someone provide me with box plans and a cut list?

RE sent me the wrong PDF 19 times, Id rather ask you guys. Thanks.

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid

AVIC 8200NEX

1500watt amp

Kinetik battery

RE SX18D2

Thanks guys.

Archived