Sundown Audio
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Q1 3500D

11 replies to this topic

bassfreake

bassfreake

SMD SILVER SUPPORTING MEMBER

• SMD Silver Member

• 1,394 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Programming, Subs, Car Audio, Tech, Bass Guitar
Garage View Garage

so this amp has 2 power terminals... do they both have to be used?

I'm assuming that means you should probably have a battery or two in the trunk with 2 power wires coming out of the battery into the amp?

if you have multiple batteries connected to eachother do you have to run power from the last battery in the chain to whatever you want to power with them or does that boost the ouput of all the batteries in the chain?

And as long as at least one of the batteries is actually grounded can all the rest of them be grounded to eachother?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson

Wish I could Fab like groundpounder2k

• Members
  • 5,493 posts
Run it from whatever battery. Since they are connected in parallel is doesnt matter.

And I would definitely connect both powers and grounds.

I don't think the amp would even turn on with only one

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Carbon

Carbon

• Banned
  • 7,972 posts
  • Interests:Apple Expert
    Daydreamer
    Photographer
    Business Owner
    Philanthropist
    Forex Trader
    Logo Designer
    Vape Connoisseur
Garage View Garage

Yes you can run the batteries to each other or a bus bar than to ground.

For the amp, I would use all of the power / ground inputs. Might even want to do dual terminals. 

purplesyrup

purplesyrup

gone like the wind

• Banned
  • 5,098 posts
Garage View Garage

Even if the amp did turn on, I would be afraid to run it like that, not enough power going in, and not enough power being discharged, probably murder the amp quick

Edited by purplesyrup, 04 February 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Posted Image

Raptorman

Raptorman

160db

• S.O.T.M. Winner

• 3,230 posts

You can use only 1 set of power/ground. It just stresses the board. No point in doing just 1 set of power/ground. Don't half-ass.

153.4dB @ 45hz Outlaw

Two Crescendo BC 2000's @ .5 Ohm MB Quart ONX 4.80
Four Obsidian V2 15's 14 cubes @ 31hz XS Power D975 Under Hood Three Deka Group 31s In The Rear Excessive Amperage 200A Alt Build Log!: http://www.stevemead...a-12s-2k-watts/

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies. 

bassfreake

bassfreake

• SMD Silver Member

• 1,394 posts
Garage View Garage

You can use only 1 set of power/ground. It just stresses the board. No point in doing just 1 set of power/ground. Don't half-ass.

ok good to know. I probably wouldn't have ran it with just one just wondering if you could... I know when I was looking around on DCs website their I think 10k amp had dual power and it said you had to use both it wouldn't turn on without having power to both power terminals.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

purplesyrup

purplesyrup

gone like the wind

• Banned
  • 5,098 posts
Garage View Garage

the terminals are there for a reason, do it right or don't do it at all

Posted Image

CaPRiCEx383

CaPRiCEx383

150db

• Members

• 1,649 posts
No it works just fine, I had it at 4 and 2ohms no problems for months. I hooked up the other when I dropped to 1 and .5, Just depends on what you're gonna do with it really. But if you have the wire why not hook it up? I didnt use both at first because I ran out of wire.
90 Nissan 240sx
Avic z-140bh
Audison SR4
Audison Voce 6.5s
CDT es-20 tweeters
Sundown 1500v3
(2) DD 9510's
3 cube box 2 6" aeros
XS Power D2400 & Xp950
Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson

Wish I could Fab like groundpounder2k

• Members
  • 5,493 posts
Lol ya they are def there for a reason. To be plugged up with 1/0 copper

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

bassfreake

bassfreake

• SMD Silver Member

• 1,394 posts
Garage View Garage

No it works just fine, I had it at 4 and 2ohms no problems for months. I hooked up the other when I dropped to 1 and .5, Just depends on what you're gonna do with it really. But if you have the wire why not hook it up? I didnt use both at first because I ran out of wire.

at the present moment if I tried hooking one of them up to my system with both terminals pulling juice I would probably get one good thump and my car would die till I can upgrade the rest of my electrical lol I got a stock alt with a duralast platinum marine battery... will do my big 3 once I either have time to get pics of the engine and get help with doing it myself or have money to have someone do it for me... and will get a new alt once I have money for it... probably wouldn't be comfortable running this big sucker with both terminals unless I could run it with at least one more battery though

My Build Log

AMI CUSTOMS

AMI CUSTOMS

SoundQubed Expert

• SMD Gold Member

• 4,609 posts
Garage View Garage

That amp can be ran off 1 battery, for burp or daily, just won't last very long on daily, you will get massive voltage drop into the 10s.  That amp pulls close to 400 amp, wired lower then 1 ohm, it pulls alot more, beef up your electrical, use both inputs, do it right the first time. 

I run a 340 amp alt per 3500 and 1 batcap 4000 per amp, ZERO voltage drop. 

TEAM SOUNDQUBED  --  TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

2x SB4 World Record Holder - 160.8 db (Outlaw)  158.1 db (LEGAL)

2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db

2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db

2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4

2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db

Best score to date 164.0 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 160.2 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 160.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

bassfreake

bassfreake

• SMD Silver Member

• 1,394 posts
Garage View Garage

That amp can be ran off 1 battery, for burp or daily, just won't last very long on daily, you will get massive voltage drop into the 10s.  That amp pulls close to 400 amp, wired lower then 1 ohm, it pulls alot more, beef up your electrical, use both inputs, do it right the first time. 

I run a 340 amp alt per 3500 and 1 batcap 4000 per amp, ZERO voltage drop. 

wish I could afford a setup like that lol I'll save up enough till I can get the 2200 first just so I have something that can get some air flowing in my car again then I'll save up and work on upgrading electrical stuff as I go till I've got things upgraded enough to run this beast.

My Build Log

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users