Second Skin Audio

Bronco with 2 Kicker Comp 15" in a 4th Order Band Pass?

Alright guys So i have the idea of getting set of Kicker Comp 15" subs.

I have a 1990 Ford Bronco and Right now i got some pathetic little Planet Audio AC12D's <---"lul's" in the back in a ported box I built, they sound okay just not enough for me to cheap for me I gotta say they are something more for like an S-10 Cab I have way to much Cabin Space for them cheap little guys to satisfy me.

So the plan is to buy a set of the Kicker Comp 15"s DVC And I wanna build a 4th Order Band Pass Enclosure. So for 260 Bucks for 2 Kicker 15"s and a few extra for the MDF and the 3/4" Plexy Glass, I think I will be under the limit of 500 bucks.

I Was just curious of anyone else. Have or seen or built Boxes for a Bronco? Have you guys ever seen one or two 12" subs rattle the shit out of a Bronco like the way a set of 12's sound in a Truck of a car? Because if I can get my truck to hit Hard; Low & Clean I will go with Higher Quality 12" Subs like a kicker CVR's in a 4th Order or 3 CVR's in a Ported. I just would like some input because it just seems like there is so much Cabin Space it's hard to Compress a large Cabin like a bronco and make some hard low bass I've noticed. Unless it's just my cheap subs <----"I have a feeling that's my issue"

But Since I can afford it now I'm just going to Upgrade I wanna know.

So here is my list or ideas Which shall I do?

1. Two 15" Kicker Comps in a band pass box.

2. Three CVR 12" kickers in a Ported Box.

3. Two CVR's in a 4th order Band Pass.

So what do you want to accomplish with a band pass box vs a ported box?

Are you totally set on buying Kicker gear? There is nothing wrong with Kicker, but there may be other options that offer you more for the same money.

What amp are you using?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Right now I am using a cute little "VM Audio" SRA1000.2 AB Class Amplifier at 4 Ohms bridged.

I am going to be upgrading to a Planet Audio PX5000D. It claims it can do 3600 RMS at 1 Ohm.

I wanna accomplish Clean Hard Impressive Bass. The reason I was thinking about a 4th Oder band pass is because my bronco has such a Large Cabin Space I was hoping it would help create higher SPL in the cab.

Why kicker? Well It doesn't have to be kicker if you have other ideas throw them at me. To answer why though, I just really like Kicker Sub woofers allot and that's the brand I have the most Experience with and always used before I bought the little Planet Audio 12"s

But the reason I chose the planet Audio Amplifier is because for the Price it seems like a great Amplifier with nice setting as well. It's also able to be a Slave/master Amplifier which is nice because I can use it for Future Upgrades as well with a 2nd Amplifier and more power more subs later in time I just want that option to be there for when I wanna use it with a 2nd amp.

I appreciate you trying to help me out.

What gear do you already have? What is your budget? I would recommend doing some more research before buying those subs and amps.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Just so you can know what your options are. As stated above, you might be able to find better equipment for the money u are spending.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

iPad Air in dash

Sorry, I should have paid more attention to your post. I would still look around a little more before buying.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

iPad Air in dash

Band pass boxes let you trade bandwidth for efficiency. If you want to use a band pass box to get louder than a regular ported box, you are going to have to give up band width to do it.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

So I should just go Ported is what you're saying?

Yeah pretty much. It depends on what your goals are though. If performance is your primary goal, then a ported box is going to be your best bet 99% of the time.

If you are looking to experiment or try something new and are willing to accept you may not get the best performance, then maybe a band pass box (or something else) might be fun.

Builds:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived