Second Skin Audio

Help on a 4th order blow throu box

Haterhurter

That looks pretty good. A 6" x 6" port isn't anywhere near big enough though. To see what your port velocity is you first need to click on signal tab on the left side and enter in how much power you are going to be running. Then if you look at the "Front port - air velocity" graph that will show you what your port velocity is. I try to keep it under 22 m/sec for bandpass boxes.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

A 10x10x 22L gets me 20 m/s peak at 2700w. And 14 m/s peak at 1350w that's not to low?

Those are the 2 ways I can hook the sub up but not sure if I wanna run the 2700w daily

There really is no such thing as too low of port velocity, IMHO. The 10" x 10" port sounds like the way to go to me.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

I also wanted to know can I shorten the port length or should I keep it the recommended length

If you shorten the port it will raise your tuning.

Builds:

Archived