Sonic Electronix

well today i finally go the last of my stuff. i was running 1 8" L7 for a while and finally went through and bought another one. well the subs are dual 2ohm wired in series at 4ohm each. the amps are zx.450.2 in bridged mode. i finally put them in my one chamber ported box. the older sub started pulsing. sounded like a heart beat. i thought it was a air leak so i made sum custom gaskets. and it still pulses. the gains are pretty much all the way down, the grounds are good. so wat can it be?

i read that it could be the amp which could be surging. but why would it do it now. never had a single problem. id really appreciate the help. thanks.

99 ranger single cab

8" kicker L7

custom ported box tuned to 35hz

kicker zx450.2 (sub)

kicker zx350.4 (speakers)

12 sq. ft of Vexmat

Kenwood KDC-693 HU

1/0 power wire to fused dist. block w/ 4ga. power/grounds to amps

8 farad Boss Audio Cap

maybe the other sub isnt broken in yet? lol if your grounds are good and stuff then i dont really know. vid posiblly?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

the new sub and amp that i got today are good. the new sub is not the problem. the old sub seem to be the culprit. lol. and would having 2 subs in a single chamber box matter? there not gonna go in sync. there gonna push differently right?

99 ranger single cab

8" kicker L7

custom ported box tuned to 35hz

kicker zx450.2 (sub)

kicker zx350.4 (speakers)

12 sq. ft of Vexmat

Kenwood KDC-693 HU

1/0 power wire to fused dist. block w/ 4ga. power/grounds to amps

8 farad Boss Audio Cap

the new sub and amp that i got today are good. the new sub is not the problem. the old sub seem to be the culprit. lol. and would having 2 subs in a single chamber box matter? there not gonna go in sync. there gonna push differently right?

no ground your rca outputs on your hu. just wrap wire around the outside of the rca barrels and then just put the wire under a screw on hu casing.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

When he says 'broken in' he's not talking about the new one being broke, he means that the new one hasn't loosened up yet(Spider).

EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE

Jeep electronics = Stock (for now)

Headunit = VR3 cheapo

Speakers = Pioneer and Quantum Audio

Sub Amp = Sundown SAE-1200d

Sub = Fi SSD 15''

Mid/High amp = Sold my 4ch, Lookin for a new one now....

REFS: Bought From-Twistedchild420 ,J_black10,SojiaRaggs9000,hotshot27,

REFS: Sold To- James , sanitarium , qu1cks1lver56, skittlesRgood

Offical Audiogod9000 Feedback

Audiogod9000's 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country Build

no ground your rca outputs on your hu. just wrap wire around the outside of the rca barrels and then just put the wire under a screw on hu casing.

go thing to do as a preventitve action then?

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

does your head unit have sub outputs? or just rears? i know some amps on h/u's with no sub control will do that. a p.o.s legacy and a clarion amp my cousin had on her kenwood 12's w/ a crappy dual h/u w/ no sub control would do that then i hooked it to some treo 15's i had and my pioneer premier p3500 and it was fine so she upgraded h/u's and it was fine. sumthing to do with the built in cross-overs

This^

Or various other ground loopish kinda things. Check, check, check.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Wait they are 2 ohm dual voice coil. and you have that amp bridged at 4? theres no way. it could be bridged at too low of an impedance causing that. unless each sub is on its own channel at 4 ohms. try that and see if it works

Archived