Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first post. I got tons of inspiration from this site and Steve himself. This build started in August of 2007, the same day the truck was purchased from the dealer. Obviously its not a 2 year build, but this is a daily driver and I just dont have much time on my hands so the project is off more than on. Well, here is a little deatail about this build followed with some images.

The equipment:

6 JL Audio 13W7 subs

6 Alpine PDX11000 amps

1 Alpine PDX4100 amp

1 Alpine PDX5 amp

2 Kinetik KHC2400 cells

3 JL Audio 8w1v24 subs

4 Focal 165VR components

1 Focal 165KRX2 component

2 Alpine 7 inch widescreen LCD's

1 Playstation 3

1 Kenwood DNX8120 double din Nav deck

1 Alpine IVAW505 double din deck

1 Kenwood CCD2000 backup camera

1 Vizio 42 inch LCD screen

1 Pure Sine Wave 1000watt power inverter

1 Power supply

2 Alternators (225 each)

Lots and lots of Dynamat.

I'm sure you have lots of questions with such a mix of products. So let me explain the goal of this project...

The music in this system will be played off of the Alpine IVAW505 deck with the Alpine Imprint tuner installed. The Kenwood DNX8120 deck will be used for Navigation, Bluetooth and as a system switcher. It took a long time debating on how to make all these features work with a single deck. Every which way I looked at it, I was lacking a feature somewhere. Not a fan of Alpine's NAV, don't like the Kenwoods UI, Love the Imprint tuner, love the Kenwood Bluetooth functions, etc.. etc.. So I put both in there. Of course I researched tons of other decks but this simply works for me.

The system is designed to play either clean or simply obnoxious. Here is where the switching system in the Kenwood deck comes in. Activating switch #1 turns all the amps off except for the ALPINE PDX5. The PDX5 powers 3 JL AUDIO 8 inch subs, the FOCAL KRX2's in the pillars and 1 set of FOCAL VR's in the rear door. It also turns on the Imprint tuner by Alpine. This is a great setting for my everyday driving.

Activating switch #2 turns on the rest of the amps. This turns on the 2 sets of Focal VR's in the front doors and the 6 JL 13w7 subs.

REALLY SORRY FOR THE TERRIBLE CAMERA PHONE IMAGES. I WILL TAKE SOME FINAL HIGH RES IMAGES AND VIDEOS ONCE THE PROJECT IS COMPLETE.

At the shop getting the 26's mounted.

Posted Image

This is the grill I bought and I just hated it. Tried to save money but it

just didn't work. So I pulled the trigger and bought the Strut grille.

Posted Image

Here is the strut grille...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Below is the Bottom of the console (upsidedown) theres another TOP peice you

will see next...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, this is as far as it goes. Console is not in the car yet. Car show is this weekend, the plan is to have it ready. I will update as I go. Thanks for tuning in.

This is what i am talkin about. Nasty truck man. Cant wait to see how everything turns out :give_rose:

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

nice as hell. I would be kinda worried about hitting a pot hole and something happening to that tv lol

thank you all.

Im worried about the TV too. Especially since the TV is out of production! We installed some heavy duty rubber mounts in hopes they will absorb some of the vibration. Im just worried about the pressure from the subs. Ive been driving around for 3 months with it sitting in the back. Havent had any issues (knock on wood).

• 2 weeks later...

That looks good. I love the tv.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Archived