Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. You and me both. Driving above is also a safety thing. It is safer to go the speed of traffic - the speed 90% of the folks around me are expecting me to go. The last thing I want is to get rear ended by some driver who was texting and wasn't expecting some one to be going slower than everybody else
  2. The worst part is that it is true. Some folks will do anything for money... The way I see it, speed cameras are like speed bumps. Folks slow down to go by them, then speed right back up once past.
  3. I hate them... I just wish the cops would do their job instead of creating this "automated traffic safety program" all around town (which should be re written as an automatic revenue generation program). Adding to my frustration is that my neighborhood is across the street from a school, inside of the lights that say to slow down to 20mph such that I can't see them when I leave in the mornings. The cameras are in sync with the signs, and they are both turned on early and left on late. I got a ticket the other day for going 27 in a 20 (which is normally 35 except for the school zone times). Then there are the red light cameras that flash me if I pull an inch over the stop line so I can see traffic enough to safely make a right turn on red.... It is VERY frustrating... \rant over
  4. May I get my name changed to SnowDrifter please?
  5. As the title suggests... It needs to have decent sq and good power handling. I don't care about weight. Good effeciency would be nice. High xmax would be good so I can get it to hit a bit lower, but otherwise I will just tune lower. Here are some ones that I know of: AA SMD SS XXX GZ Plutonium Any others? And opinions on the ones I listed?
  6. Wrong section, my friend. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/17-want-to-buy/ ^^^Here^^^
  7. Yes Nope, not in this case. That's what I thought. There are only drivers. (The camera works for skype, youtube, etc...) I tried, the ones that I found sucked. Does anybody know of any decent ones that are free?
  8. Are you asking for songs that do that because the artist made them that way? Or songs that are screwed that way?
  9. As the title suggests. Does anybody know if there are any (free) windows 7 camera applications? I know that apple has photo booth (NO, not switching) for their computers... Is there anything like that for windows? My computer is a lenovo w700 laptop. Just looking for something that will do pics and vids.
  10. ^^this, dont do mods to dadys car. my dad bought me a car so i could do what ever the fuck i wanted when i was 14 so i didnt fuck his up lol I get what you are saying, and totally agree. I plan on doing so when I save up the money, but it still doesn't fix the various noises Besides, I don't see fixing squeaks, rattles, and whistles as any major mods. u might be suprised.. getting all the rattles out might be the biggest mod you do to it depending where they r and how u get to them... Dang. I am just going to try something basic and see if it works, it seems like the issue is with the fact that the doors are held on by clips, and the clips don't hold the door panels steady enough. I am going to put some foamy tape that I have laying around in there and see if that helps. If it is any more than that, I will take your word for it and just drop the project. I was able to stop the whistling in the trunk. It was from holes around the sides of the panels. A bit of tape and problem solved.
  11. ^^this, dont do mods to dadys car. my dad bought me a car so i could do what ever the fuck i wanted when i was 14 so i didnt fuck his up lol I get what you are saying, and totally agree. I plan on doing so when I save up the money, but it still doesn't fix the various noises Besides, I don't see fixing squeaks, rattles, and whistles as any major mods.
  12. I am in the process of doing so now. It doesn't mean that I can't help out and make a parent's car actually sound good. (Besides, if I make him happy, he will be more willing to match me for pricing when I buy one)
  13. Did you read my original post? It's not my car to sell.
  14. that right there... but you have to rip the car apart to put up the mat... just try turning the bass all the way down, in the - if it can... and see if that fixes the issues, its probably distorted to all fuck Thanks. As for turning the bass down, to get an idea of what it sounds like when it doesn't rattle(Zero bass, even the slightest bit makes it rattle) unplug your sub, then set the high pass for your mids at 225hz. It sounds SO bad. On the other hand, he said that I can take his door panels off (but no more than spending 1 hour at a time on it in case he needs to go some where with the car) How to I get door panels off that are clip on?
  15. How can I fix it if I rip apart the car? I'll see if I can convince him to let me now that there is somebody else saying the same thing. =)
  16. 1. Sounds bad 2. It still rattles 3. Any help with a real fix?
  17. I drove my dad's '08 highlander hybrid yesterday... It has the premium JBL system in it. I turned it on, and immediately turned it off because of the sound. Literally, EVERYTHING in the car rattles, even the sub-woofer in the trunk 'whistles' at certain frequencies. It rattles so bad, I don't even know where to begin with it... Cup holders, the door panels themselves, window switches, pieces of the seat... I can barely hear the music, rather lots of rattling in beat with the music... Help? P.S. I'm 16, so no pulling apart the car for days to fix it. It's my dad's daily driver.
  18. So the website specs are inflated? 8500w rms handling = 8500 peak? No. I'm sure the xxx can handle 10k rms on burps. Is just not smart to run that for daily music . Is what they are saying . Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought that rms meant constant power, not peak. 'Learn something new every day, I guess.
  19. So the website specs are inflated? 8500w rms handling = 8500 peak?
  20. So if I plug 2 ports and bring the tuning down to 31hz, they should be fine on 8000w rms for music?
  21. Right... So I was bored one day watching Youtube, killing some time... I saw some soundstream subs. I went to their website and saw their xxx series.I noted that the power handling was 8500 watts. Can these handle the power? I also decided to design a box for them, again because I was so bored. It came out to be 9.5 cubic feet (after displacement of everything in it) with 6, 6" aeroports tuned to 38 hz. I can also plug 2 of them and bring the tuning down to 31 hz. As for port arrangement, I was planning on putting one on each of the 4 corners of the baffle, and 2 down the middle in between the subs. The whole thing is to be cut from 1.5" mdf, and reinforced with 2x4s on the inside. Then I got thinking: This could fit in a trunk, and I may actually want to do this in the future. Can these subs really handle 8500 watts apiece? If so, I envision 16kw of subs in the trunk sometime in the future (evil grin)
×
×
  • Create New...