Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKtyNW7MDsc I took some feedback from the first one and made an attempt at a second slowed song. It is how low, by ludacris Can anybody recommend a good download site so I can avoid the youtube links? Let me know what you think!
  2. Damn... I'll do better on my next one
  3. Weird... Did a cap on your amp freeze and explode? Or anything else for that matter?
  4. Great! Let me know how it goes =)
  5. I slowed it, bass boosted it, then went through the song and individually boosted the lowest notes. Let me know what 'ya think!
  6. Does anyone know the type of plug it takes?
  7. Sorry! But The amp is for pro audio, but I wasn't going to use it for that, rather home audio, nor was it for it's intended use for pro audio. I guessed that general audio would have been safe, but I guess I was wrong. I also thought that I would get more responses on it in general audio since that has more people browsing it. Won't happen again
  8. As the title suggests... I was considering getting one, but I looked at the power draw at 8 ohms/channel. 13.6amps at 1/3d power??!! I can't ever see this amp reaching full power without blowing the breakers. How are they powered at 120v? Multiple outlets?
  9. Found a used kicker warhorse for cheap. Subs, mids, etc are TBD. What I use will be Dependant on the car because I would like to keep some trunk space.
  10. How about a 98+ Yukon xl? It seems like a 'hoe and a Yukon are practically the same car, but the Yukon has more space.
  11. Sweet! I found a 99 Tahoe with a 5.7l v8. Sounds like just the kinda torque needed to power those alts at idle. Thoughts? Still open to any and all other ideas
  12. As the title suggests... I am looking for which cars (can be SUVs, I don't care) are upgradeable to multiple alternators. I plan on having a split electrical system: One for just the amplifiers, and keeping the stock one, as well as the stock under-the-hood battery for all the stock equipment to avoid light dimming. Hence, I need to be able to hold multiple alternators. A car that I can get a bracket to hold 3 alternators would be nice, 4 would be better. EDIT: Stick shift transmission would be nice, but not required
  13. Steve, how did you do those great flush mounts?? I feel like I will go insane if I don't know. EDIT: Never mind, I'm stupid... I just found the video. When cutting circles, do I need to take into account the width of the bit? And also: Where do I get GOOD mdf? The stuff at my local home depot has a curve in it from sitting on their stands. Or is there some way of straightening it out? And what is the type of saw you use, Steve? As in: What can I Google to find it?
  14. Do you happen to know what makes a sub designed for a ported box vs a sealed one? Or is it just that the manufacturers are the only ones who know, and what they say goes? I'm not trying to contradict anyone, I would just like to know why, like in my last post.
  15. Not that I don't believe you... I do, but how? I just would like to know the how/why part.
  16. Right... So I have a fi btl 15 in a ported box @30 hz. For both space constraints, and preference to sound: Even though it has no specs for a sealed box, could I do it anyway? What would I lose by putting it in a sealed box even though the sub it self is designed for a ported one?
  17. As the title suggests... How do I get to my subscribed threads list? If I press watch this thread,there is an option to put it in my thread subscriptions. How do I get to them?
  18. As the title suggests... What's the best way to hook up a Gemini CX-1000 3 way or 2 way electronic crossover? What I mean by that is: Preamp / how powerful? No preamp? Can I use it as mono instead of stereo?
  19. Thanks. Do you know of any decent 6x9's? I am looking to use them as more of a mid range / tweeter type setup. Mid-bass would be fine, but I don't care either way.
  20. As the title suggests. Has anybody used the Lanzar VB369 6x9 speaker? It is allegedly rated at 400w rms, but I was wondering if anyone could comment on power handling / loudness, sound quality, and where is the power focused - bass, midrange, highs?
  21. Would somebody help me wrap my head around what some of the terminology means / does? I am unsure about: 1/4 wave tuning point, port frequency 1, port frequenct 2, and the box frequency. How do all of those play into eachother, and what would be the equivilant of taking a traditional porten box and tuning to say... 30hz?
  22. Sorry for the confusion guys! I meant software =) I'm just playing with different designes at this point, no official build yet.
  23. As the title suggests. Can anybody reccomend a good TL box designer? Something that is kind of easy to use, and well.... works well. Shoot, the holy grail would be one like the one on klausaudio.com, but I am looking for anything at this point. Edit: I meant software =)
×
×
  • Create New...