Jump to content

adreano17

Members
  • Posts

    211
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by adreano17

  1. Sounds good man. I appreciate it. Makes sense now.
  2. Not really. Don't wanna sound like a n00b But could someone explain?
  3. no, SERIES. well, something isnt right. what is your ohm reading per coil? series should increase the resistance not lower it. All 4 VC measure ~4.4 ohms. I am using 10 ga speakerwire that has .5 ohm resistance when measured. I wonder if that extra ohmage is from the wire?? nah you can wire negative to negative, positive to positive: http://a248.e.akamai...ono-low-imp.jpg series: 1 ohm. That's wiring in parallel, not series. You might be seeing the resistance in the leads of the multimeter. Touch the leads together and see what it reads...if it reads about .5 then that's where the extra .5 is coming from, and means your actual load is only 1 ohm, not 1.5. LMAO sorry for the confusion between the 2. It does read. .5 for when the 2 are touched. I just changed the batteries on the damn thing, and need to recalibrate it (kind of suspected). Thanks everyone for the help.
  4. no, SERIES. well, something isnt right. what is your ohm reading per coil? series should increase the resistance not lower it. All 4 VC measure ~4.4 ohms. I am using 10 ga speakerwire that has .5 ohm resistance when measured. I wonder if that extra ohmage is from the wire?? nah you can wire negative to negative, positive to positive: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg series: 1 ohm.
  5. I have 2 L7s DVC 4 ohm. Checked the resistance on the series and it reads 1.5 ohm. I wired for 1 ohm. Is this normal?
  6. if you are using a skilsaw make sure to use another MDF board to guide along. clamp it down. PLEASE do this. I made a 30$ mistake by trying to freehand and my plates were crooked. Had to get another one.
  7. I believe it is that too. I'm trying to see if i can get on overdrive pulley that is probably 1.75 and that will only do 21k at redline. But also my a/c compressor pulley is kind of lagging, and may be causing some drag on the whole belt. It should begin to charge at that speed, but i think the ohter pulley is now affecting it...and what picture do you need to see?
  8. It is a 1996 lexus es300. Crank = 6", alt = 2' = 3:1 and redlines at 6000 RPM
  9. I was suggested not to do this on an aluminum pulley.
  10. Also, the tension is pretty tight, I'm not trying to strain any bearings....
  11. When I'm at idle, my charging light comes on, and my voltmeter reads around 11.2/8 (the engine sounds like it is about to repeatedly stall out). But when I am over 1500, it goes away and starts charging at 13.7. Me and Matt were guessing it was slipping somewhere- so I went and got a gatorback serpentine belt. Thought it would fix it, but to no avail. All the pullys look like they are spinning at the same speed. The overdrive pulley looks fast as well. My thing is what could it be? And if it is slipping, where? What can I do to fix? pleas help. i'm beyond frustrated....
  12. Cutting without a table saw but some joints IDK
  13. Some corners of my box are chipped, can i get some putty to shape it into place? Also, some joints of my box are not matching kinda unlevel. Can silicone filler fix this? Thanks.
  14. i am guessing the other end of the box the same way the top is with a washer and nut
  15. This is what i did, have to make sure you seal it up nice around the threaded rods hole. I used a 3/4" threaded rod, probably excessive but it worked great! Perfect picture for example. THANKS ALOT!!
  16. Thanks guys, I should put the bracing in the middle of the wall to the back I'm thinking? and threaded rods glued in place or what? how will i keep it right there?
  17. I don't want to take too much away from internal volume, but I don't want to have to worry about baffle flex and all that bad stuff. 2 L7 are going into it.
  18. i understand that it was maybe too far of a stretch. i understand that tuning, all that matters. i was just wondering that i could receive possibly what some people have gotten with their set up, not a bunch of bitter trolls....
×
×
  • Create New...