Yea I can relate..I am from Natchez, Mississippi. Only a stones throw from New Orleans..Bout 3 hrs...Yea man I am really excited about trying to get my system sounding good..I have been in Many Competitions and even won some trophys, but I never had to build my own boxes..All my boys that were in our car club would just do it for me..We had a couple of guys who were the Designated box builders, I was the Designated beer drinker so..I just bought the wood and Layed back..But now I am married all my boys are out of the Bass game and yo boy is still in it..Just without the Club..So I have to figure all this box building out..The fat mat wont be hard to do, I got all that...Now that i know about how much it will take no problems..But I want to build a ported box for my P1's cause I know they will sound better and move a little more air than sealed..I just like the sound of ported boxes over sealed..P1's are inexpensive an if I blow one I won't cry..Cause I can just buy another..I do need to get me a nice amp. My little Sony works for now..But I like old school amps not these new mass produced amps..Like the Old Punch series, Us Amps. I am sure I need to get outta the stone age, but the older amps just were built better in my opinion...