Sonic Electronix

So I've finally made up my mind and I'm gonna start on a few audio upgrades. I've got a 2003 Honda Pilot.

Each door has a 6.5" woofer. 2 1" tweets are up front mounted in the dash. And an 10" stock "sub"woofer is in the cargo area. :lol:

What I'm wondering is if anyone has any ideas on some good speakers to go with. This isn't going to be a huge build. Sorry to disappoint. Just looking to replace stock stuff. It's just not enough for me. I'm hoping to keep a mostly stock look. Gonna try to find time to pop a few panels and see what I'm dealing with for upgrading the sub. It might wind up being a replacement of door speakers and tweets and then a custom fiberglass sub enclosure in the back. I'll get pics up tomorrow if it's not a rainy mess.

I plan on trying to keep the stock radio if possible or snag one from a newer Pilot that has an AUX input. CD's are fine for now but I'd like to just be able to use my iPod. I just LOVE having the volume and input controls on my steering wheel and if I replace the headunit with an aftermarket one I'll lose those.

TL;DR If anyone's got speakers and an amp in mind that they think would be good for the job, let me know. :drinks:

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I've got a set of t3 audio 6.5 inch components :)

I feel like these would be overkill for what I'm doing lol :pardon: However, I'd love to run something by T3 at some point.

From what I'm seeing, It's a 2-ohm, 50-watt, shallow mount 10" subwoofer in there. I wanted to cry when I read that online. I'm gonna try to pull it out this morning and see what I'm dealing with. I doubt there's much room to work with back there so I'm thinking I'll stick with a shallow mount if I don't want to fiberglass. Gonna have to second skin the fuck out of the rear quarter panel :lol:

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Sweet.. Thanks for the input.. Back to thread topic... Ummm if you just want just a upgrade from stock, then I've heard Crescendo is not a bad choice for just a step above stock. Haven't heard them personally though. Cheap too.. But T3's T6S comps aree even cheaper at Eighty dollars a set. And you just got a little review right above this post.

Eighty bucks a set? That's like half of what I expected them to be :trippy:

I'll definitely consider them now. The tough part about this is that I work at Best Buy part time (I know, I know) and I get a decent discount on audio equipment. I was actually looking at a set of Kenwood components for $60. I'd bet the T3's are a solid upgrade from those but I'm also not looking to do much. Keep in mind these are still going off the headunit and I have to buy 2 sets.

And what am I going to do with that second pair of tweets? I'm trying to see if there's a hidden pair somewhere in my car that I haven't found yet but I can't seem to locate it. Would I be better off buying 4 6.5"s and 2 tweets than 2 sets of components? My other plan is to ditch the stock tweeter locations and mount a tweeter in each A-pillar and each B- or C-pillar. The stock tweets are way up front on the dash firing up into the windshield, which I'm sure is a horrid spot for speakers.

From what I'm seeing online it's a 10" sub, not an 8". And there's like 5" of mounting depth, so I'm definitely gunning for a shallow mount here. IDK what to run for an amp, I figure I'll match that to whatever sub I find that I like. Unfortunately, no DC subs will be gracing my doorstep for this one. :noob:

wtf is lolcats?

Popped a few panels and took a few pics this morning. Didn't get all the way to the sub unfortunately. Looking like I'll have to pull one of the 3rd row seats to fully remove the panel.

On to the pics! They're taken on my cell phone, so disregard the poor quality. It's also damn cold outside :lol:

Here's the back with the 3rd row folded down. You can see where the sub is.

0207110733a.jpg

0207110732b.jpg

0207110732a.jpg

Front Door

0207110733c.jpg

Rear Door

0207110735a.jpg

The horrible location of the factory tweets (not sure how I'll get to these)

0207110733e.jpg

0207110734a.jpg

And poppin' some panels

0207110749a.jpg

0207110756a.jpg

0207110802a.jpg

Didn't actually manage to get the whole panel in front of the sub off. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more time to work on it.

If you guys have any suggestions let me know. I like the idea of keeping a stock look. Also considering the idea of hiding an amp under one of the seats for the sub. This one caught my eye, mostly cause I only need it to do like 200 RMS @ 1 ohm and Audiopipe always seems reasonably cheap, even if they're not the best amps.

wtf is lolcats?