Sonic Electronix

I have an orion 5000d, which is 2 amps strapped. Its 1 ohm stable and i have 2 Dual 1 ohm woofers wired all pos. pos. neg. neg.

When i look up the wiring diagram for 1 sub it shows .5 ohms the way i have one wired.. So being that i have 2 wired the same way does that mean i have my amp wired at .25 ohms? Which would explain the massive voltage drop and the stupid loud system? lol

i have a 250h/o alt big three and 2 kinetic hc 2000's and i dip into the 10's at times....

Edited by mxman38

I have an orion 5000d, which is 2 amps strapped. Its 1 ohm stable and i have 2 Dual 1 ohm woofers wired all pos. pos. neg. neg.

When i look up the wiring diagram for 1 sub it shows .5 ohms the way i have one wired.. So being that i have 2 wired the same way does that mean i have my amp wired at .25 ohms? Which would explain the massive voltage drop and the stupid loud system? lol

Yes, your final ohm load for the sub is .5ohm. And your final ohm load for the EACH amp (since they are strapped) is .25

So what you need to do is wire the sub to 2ohm. And you'll be safe.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

And low voltage, suprised you still have a amp.

But I didn't know the orion is two amps internally strapped.

its gone into protect a quite a few times because of low voltage but i have daily listented to it around 12 volts for long periods of time with no consequences... i assumed it was a poor ground.

I took a look at the guts, and it doesn't look like two amps internally strapped.

Also if you have dual 1s, you can either wire them to 4ohm,1ohm or .25 ohms.

You can't wire them to .5ohms.

yeah each sub is at .6 ohm going into each channel of the amp.... there are two slots... i was told that it was 2 1500d's internally...