Second Skin Audio

I want to wall at the C-pillar for 2 18's need ur HELP!

WTF. I've been proven wrong. Touché.

no problem boss. Im not here for a pissing contest just really looking for some good input before I start this rebuild! my wife wants to do a hair trick in the truck and her hair is LONG as Shit so its gunna be hard and I dont have the room for 4 18's cause I have to keep my backseats. So i figured just run the two in the wall at the c-pillar and if it doesnt move her hair who cares cause I now have 2 18's doing HELLA damage!

What he was getting at. Is that the Stetsom 5K, doesn't put out 6800 at 2 ohms. No way in hell's kitchen.

I dont know what he was getting at. I just wanted to let the amount of power I would be using for the total setup!

http://www.stetsom.com.br/eng/DetalhesProduto.aspx?c=8101&cat=172

and when I clamped the 2k5 at 2 ohms it actually did a true 3540rms at 14.2 volts

Didn't he say he was using the 5k2d and NOT the 2k5?

The 2k5 is rated 3,300 @ 13.8V. So that 3,540 would be good.

Which would be a relatively good sign that the 5k2 would do rated as well?

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

What he was getting at. Is that the Stetsom 5K, doesn't put out 6800 at 2 ohms. No way in hell's kitchen.

I dont know what he was getting at. I just wanted to let the amount of power I would be using for the total setup!

http://www.stetsom.com.br/eng/DetalhesProduto.aspx?c=8101&cat=172

and when I clamped the 2k5 at 2 ohms it actually did a true 3540rms at 14.2 volts

Didn't he say he was using the 5k2d and NOT the 2k5?

The 2k5 is rated 3,300 @ 13.8V. So that 3,540 would be good.

Which would be a relatively good sign that the 5k2 would do rated as well?

I am using the 5k2d for the WALL BUILD. I was just stating the fact that stetsom does what it claims to do. There are a lot of people out there that doubt its power because its only 13.8v and its so tiny of an amp! Not to be a @$$ I want to use this thread for what I made it for. Not to debate this and debate that! I need help as far as porting, rough ideas, so please from here Chime in with HELP and ideas!

Oh shit, my bad man, YOU are Infinite913. I saw that someone posted the 2k5 clamp readings... And thought that they got your words of 5k2 and 2k5 mixed up trying to say that Stetsom doesn't do rated at lower voltages.... It must be getting late. :trippy:

I don't post dump, just so you know, just trying to keep everything in the thread clarified to get your questions answered more quickly. Good luck sir.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Oh shit, my bad man, YOU are Infinite913. I saw that someone posted the 2k5 clamp readings... And thought that they got your words of 5k2 and 2k5 mixed up trying to say that Stetsom doesn't do rated at lower voltages.... It must be getting late. :trippy:

I don't post dump, just so you know, just trying to keep everything in the thread clarified to get your questions answered more quickly. Good luck sir.

Thanks man, and sorry for the snap shot! lol its late as shit and I just want some answers lol I have a few ideas but was just looking for some mad scientists to chime in. You know... Is it going to be worth walling it. Or should I do a port up system with subs up and rest the Box on a platform directly above the wheel wells. Just looking to push mad AIR and put up some decent mumbers! im doing pretty good with what I got now just want more ya know....isnt that always the FIX! lol!