Second Skin Audio

Need opinion on box size

Trâgîk

I have will have two DC 3.5k amps this week and im building a new box for my two hdc3 12's and i wanted to hear opinions on what size i should make it..

Its going in the trunk, rear firing and i was going to build it 4.8 cubes after displacement with 15^2" of port per cube...

I didnt know how big or small to go with that much power for two twelves, i heard its better to go a little smaller if you run alot of power for the subs or what? Seeing as i have D1s im going to strap the amps and run them at 4 ohms so the amps will see 2 ohms a piece, at least until the subs are broken in then i might run them at .5 ohm a piece so thats 7000+ watts...i just want a box that will perform best with that type of power.

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

I saw a box that was 5 cubes with 2 6" aeros on 3k and 2 12s do nasty hair and shirt tricks. ports on the side.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

So i think 4.8 should he pretty safe then right? Im going to go with the slot port facing the rear though just because i already have my layout. But i could go a little smaller if i had to. I was almOst thinking of trying to take the rear seat out and build there but i dont wamt to do a full wall. My trunk just doent give me all the room i would like to make everything fit and still look presentable

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

go to caco and look up the user dbeez. he had a bid of his 2 12 nightshades moving a shit load of air.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived