Sonic Electronix

I plan on putting 2000 watts in my truck and using kinetics 2000watt batt...this battery will be hooked up in the rear and i will still have the other battery to run the truck...will this battery charge just like my stock battery? ive never run dual batterys before so im kinda clueless...thanks for any help

I plan on putting 2000 watts in my truck and using kinetics 2000watt batt...this battery will be hooked up in the rear and i will still have the other battery to run the truck...will this battery charge just like my stock battery? ive never run dual batterys before so im kinda clueless...thanks for any help

How are you planning to wire it? You can do a run of 0 gauge wire from the + on the batt under the hood all the way back to the kinetic, and then ground the kinetic to the frame.. OR you can run a 0 gauge wire from your alternator to the kinetic in the trunk and ground it to the frame. Both ways will allow it to charge from the alt. Do u have the big 3 done though?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

How are you planning to wire it? You can do a run of 0 gauge wire from the + on the batt under the hood all the way back to the kinetic, and then ground the kinetic to the frame.. OR you can run a 0 gauge wire from your alternator to the kinetic in the trunk and ground it to the frame. Both ways will allow it to charge from the alt. Do u have the big 3 done though?

yeah i just finished the big 3

168491_1284155839412_1695622650_518650_656639_n.jpg

yeah i just finished the big 3

168491_1284155839412_1695622650_518650_656639_n.jpg

Well, that wire that u have running from the alt to like, what is that a fusebox? and the batt + is connected to the same fuse box thing? The alternator + can go directly to the battery +...even if the stock alt charge wire did not, you can always add the one directly from the alt to the battery IN ADDITION

ALSO there should be a 0 awg wire running from the Engine block, to the frame..it should be the same spot u used to ground the battery... AND that ground point needs to be sanded off and cleaned before u attache the wires there.

Edited by osamio

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Yes i did ground the engine block to the frame...its on the other side of the engine bay, you just cant see it in the pic...and as for the alt wire going to the fuse box it has a 130a fuse there and ive seen people saying you should fuse it and since it was factory fused i just let it be....am wrong in doing that? i thought it would be smart to fuse that line to the alt... and of course i sanded down to bare metal on all connections

Edited by lombo352

Yes i did ground the engine block to the frame...its on the other side of the engine bay, you just cant see it in the pic...and as for the alt wire going to the fuse box it has a 130a fuse there and ive seen people saying you should fuse it and since it was factory fused i just let it be....am wrong in doing that? i thought it would be smart to fuse that line to the alt... and of course i sanded down to bare metal on all connections

No you are fine with the fuse, It just depends on how much power you are going to be drawing with your amps. Like me personally, I left the factory connection in place.. completely untouched. and added an ADDITIONAL alt charge wire with my own in-line anl fuse. If you are confident in the conductivity/gauge of the stock fusing, then you're fine. but I personally added my own as opposed to replacing stock. In fact i did that with all of the big 3. I added additional runs without touching the stock ones.

So did u decide which way to wire your battery?

Edited by osamio

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

No no your fine with the fuse. Okkk I didn't know u had a fuse there. I couldn't see it in the pic. I thought u were going to the factory fuse box, like the stock location...and i was thinking the stock fuse/wiring would be much to small for a high current wire. but you've done it perfectly then.

I read the faq's at kinetik site and they say to wire both + and - from the front batt to the rear batt terminals.... im guessing i can get away with just the + from the front batt to the rear...i dont like the idea of wiring straight from the alt to the rear... it will be 1/0 of course

No no your fine with the fuse. Okkk I didn't know u had a fuse there. I couldn't see it in the pic. I thought u were going to the factory fuse box, like the stock location...and i was thinking the stock fuse/wiring would be much to small for a high current wire. but you've done it perfectly then.

I read the faq's at kinetik site and they say to wire both + and - from the front batt to the rear batt terminals.... im guessing i can get away with just the + from the front batt to the rear...i dont like the idea of wiring straight from the alt to the rear... it will be 1/0 of course

I've seen it all three. If kinetik says run the + to + and - to - then i'd do that. I personally ran a run of 0 gauge to my stock battery from the alt, then to my stinger battery, and two runs of 0 gauge from each battery - to the chassis. Its really the same thing.. they're paralleled either way.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

personally i would not run the wire through the fuse box.... use your own fuse block. 300 amp fuse on each end of the + from battery to battery.

x2 i edited my post to say that. when he said he had a 150 amp fuse i didn't know he meant the stock fuse, i thought he added a fuse block in that spot. then i realized he meant the factory fusing. So ya, i'd use ur own fuse block..

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!