Sonic Electronix

personally i would not run the wire through the fuse box.... use your own fuse block. 300 amp fuse on each end of the + from battery to battery.

x2 i edited my post to say that. when he said he had a 150 amp fuse i didn't know he meant the stock fuse, i thought he added a fuse block in that spot. then i realized he meant the factory fusing. So ya, i'd use ur own fuse block..

I will definatley up grade when i get that far along ..thanks for the info

No you are fine with the fuse, It just depends on how much power you are going to be drawing with your amps. Like me personally, I left the factory connection in place.. completely untouched. and added an ADDITIONAL alt charge wire with my own in-line anl fuse. If you are confident in the conductivity/gauge of the stock fusing, then you're fine. but I personally added my own as opposed to replacing stock. In fact i did that with all of the big 3. I added additional runs without touching the stock ones.

So did u decide which way to wire your battery?

it dosent matter how much his amp is drawing the alternator wont put out more than 115-120 amps if its stock, and ive ran many amps that draw "150" amps on 60 amp fuses (yes for meca) but i beat on them for about 2 hours and they never blew, they got discolored and purple but didnt die

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

No you are fine with the fuse, It just depends on how much power you are going to be drawing with your amps. Like me personally, I left the factory connection in place.. completely untouched. and added an ADDITIONAL alt charge wire with my own in-line anl fuse. If you are confident in the conductivity/gauge of the stock fusing, then you're fine. but I personally added my own as opposed to replacing stock. In fact i did that with all of the big 3. I added additional runs without touching the stock ones.

So did u decide which way to wire your battery?

it dosent matter how much his amp is drawing the alternator wont put out more than 115-120 amps if its stock, and ive ran many amps that draw "150" amps on 60 amp fuses (yes for meca) but i beat on them for about 2 hours and they never blew, they got discolored and purple but didnt die

I was more talking about the wiring inside the fuse box, that is, from the terminals he attatched to to the actual fuse itself. At least in my car, there is about 3 inches of 8 guage running from the inside of the fuse box out to the bolt where the wire was attatched. So if i had run a 0AWG to that, it would be reduced to 8 before it made it to the fuse anyway.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!