in order to run a good twin turbo setup u have to have a majorly modded engine or else ull blow the heads right ur engine

i have seen the smaller turbos which suk so i see where u get it

superchargers have the added benefit to put a blower on it so it sticks out the hood, that loox hardcore right there

I have built a lot of turbo cars, from the bottom to the top of the motor included, and I can see the attempt at logic for the twins, but I still do not see very many projects that utilize twin turbo setups with any more sucess than a single large turbo. I mean, the Garrett GT47's flow what about 1500cfm or so, ok, now that is a lot of air. You want more, you can get more without doing two of them. I have seen numbers for T105s that do 2800-3000cfm. You could do two of the GT47s, but why? Thats two to spool, two manifolds, two wastegates, Now these are just some generic turbo names and some quick numbers. I don't know of many diesel racers that move this kind of air. Also, I do know that these numbers mean virtually nothing about the specific power that they can make. You would need to know air temps and have compressor maps to be able to begin to calculate. That is another factor. You will generate more heat with a dual setup.

Oh, and the blower on the hood does look good. I think that a custom fiberglass cowl leading in to the cold side blades of a turbocharger looks a lot more menacing. Oh, and in this case, I do know that they used two, but that was for show, not for go.

Posted Image

BJJ20logo20resize.png

most people pick two over one just because they can

braggin rights man

thats wut it comes down to in cars "i have more than u" nananananaa

plus twin turbo set ups are aesthetically pleasing as well

symetry

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

most people pick two over one just because they can

braggin rights man

thats wut it comes down to in cars "i have more than u" nananananaa

plus twin turbo set ups are aesthetically pleasing as well

symetry

Hmmm. I don't know any of these people. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like symetry and nice asthetics, but if the goal is to make a car fast, I (and everyone that I know) would rather it be less asthetically pleasing (preferably as stock as possible by appearance) and spank the crap out of people. Plus, I don't know too terribly many real motorheads who brag about what they got. Most of them will not tell what they have period. If someone wants to know, they will let them figure it out by how badly they get destroyed in a race.

Now, in all fairness, I base everything that I am saying on those that I know and build with and myself. When you get into the really big drag racers, the big-time pros, there are many that do run paralleled twin setups. Here though, especially with references to bragging rights, I assume that we are on the same page and talking about the average person.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

that we are

i prefer superchargers because they provide a constant power increase

turbos take a while to add power

however turbos dont take power to run superchargers do

how about u just use both on that beautiful thing? lol

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Nice looking car man, but to much Mercedes engenering it it for me. Had an SRT8 in the shop yesterday and that damn thing had Mercedes shit all over it

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

that we are

i prefer superchargers because they provide a constant power increase

turbos take a while to add power

however turbos dont take power to run superchargers do

how about u just use both on that beautiful thing? lol

To respond line for line,

What do you mean?

Superchargers are at a set boost level. They are what they are that's true. With a turbo as you climb in engine speed, you can climb in boost all the way up to where you have it cut by your boost controller.

Turbos may take a while if you leave like a granny, but when you launch in boost, you are there. No lag. In fact with my 99 GSX I had to get a dual stage boost controller with a steering wheel remote. I had to launch in my preset low boost (8psi) to avoid splattering my tires all over the track even with it being a GSX (these are AWD). Then I could switch to high boost, 28psi. Lag was never an issue, in fact, a little bit of lag might have been helpful. On a second subject to that, superchargers may "rob power" being driven by belt, but you will never notice it. Even a supercharger making 4psi is going to more than cover for any loss it may cause.

Running both is Conceptually nice, but I don't have big enough $$, the time and probably not enough skill. I would love to be able to say that I have the skill to do it right. Maybe I could do it if I had the patience. I tried tuning for a small wet kit added to my setup. It didn't last long. I converted it to an intercooler fogger. Not the same power adder, but I the tuning was a lot easier.

Posted Image

Kandiman - Thanks a bunch. I knew that Diamler Chrysler had some interminglings with some German Tech. stuff but I really had no idea to what extent. Kind of cool, but it poses a good possibility for headaches too. I am sure you can relate.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

anyway u have a nice car right there

i kinda lost wut u said u were gonna do to it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery