Sonic Electronix

wiring advice/help (power wire)

Yea, so hello everyone! xD

I currently have 2 12s that are 1000 watt rms, and right now, they are ran by a RF Punch amp. It is a 2 channel amp, and has an 8 guage power, and ground wire. What im asking, really, is, when i put in the other 2 subs, it will make a total of four subs, and i will either need another amp, to double up amps, or get a bigger 4-channel amp. Which do you think is the better solution? Running 1/0 guage power wire to a cap, then a 4000w or so amp? Or should i do 1/0 wire to a distribution block and then run two 4 guage wires back straight to two amps, or ?? Im just wondering what the best way to do this is. Thanks for your input! It is much appreciated!

Skittlez was here :P

I would get a mono-block amp to the subs (or 2 mono-block amps) depending on what subs you have. I would run 0g (it may be overkill but it won't hurt anything) to the amp from the battery, you may need to use reducers if the amp only allows 4g inputs. I would stay away from multi-channel amps to run subs (not because they won't work) because they usually end up limiting what you can do coil wise with your subs.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

let me ask you this. what model number are the subwoofers you have currently? and what are the model number of the subwoofers you want to add. if they arent the exact same model number, dont even think about putting them in the same car. and no, 4 channels are meant for mids and highs speakers. monoblocks are the way to go for subwoofers.

That what i thought, i went out today and went looking around for stuff at the local audio shops, and im probably going to buy my buddies 2 channel 2600 watt amp, thats a competition class d, and for sure upgrade the wire to 0 guage, and probably use a reducer. I appreciate the feedback, just wanted some reassurance about some things, thanks again guys!

Skittlez was here :P

Archived