Sonic Electronix

Car battery goes down sometimes, need help

Heres how i would approach this...

If your battery is "good" as the shop tested it, then try to remove some fuses from your fuse box for accessories such as the playstation, your tv's, headunit, and other add-ons that would not be there if the vehicle came off the show-room floor.

Also what i would try to do is take your voltage meter and use it to test your remote voltage just to be sure that you have no voltage lingering through the line on that which can cause your amps to turn on and stay on with everything off. To do this, shut off the entire vehicle and take your multimeters positive probe and put that onto the amplifiers remote wire connection, then take the negative and touch a part of the body/chassis on the vehicle that is free from paint. It should read 0 volts or n/a or something like that depending on the meter.

If this still doesnt work, verify your power, remote, and ground wires are in the amp all the way, chances are you may have one of your remote lead wires touching a positive wire in your vehicle which will cause the amps to constantly stay on. If the wires are in all the way, try to remove the remote wires from your amps and put electrical tape over them and leave the vehicle sit. See if this has any affect on your starting abilities. If this fixes the problem then you have an issue where your amps are not turning off when the vehicle is off.

I would highly recommend starting with the fuse box first then work your way down the list. And just because i dont want to hear anybody bitch and moan on here, make sure you write down your settings on your radio just to make sure you dont lose any settings/presets when you pull the fuse for it. I noticed that it is an alpine and my alpine unit doesnt lose a single setting, not even the time when i pull the power for an entire day but i dont want to see you cry because you lost your settings.

Let me know how this goes and if it helps or not, i can give you a few other things to check out.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've found out what the problem was.

After having talked to someone here in Portugal, who was having the same problem, he said he found out the problem came from the Onstar device. Since we don't have that here, I googled how to disconnect it (which I saw many people complaining from battery drain associated to onstar also), and I found a sheet, saying what fuse to take out. I took it out, and it's now disconnected.

I've left my car off for 48h, and when I started the engine, it started just fine, usually it had a little difficult turning on the engine, due to low battery, so I think I finally found the problem.

Just leaving it here, for other people who might find this topic, and have this same problem.

Regards