Sonic Electronix

Generic daily music tune??

Ok, Ill post some in car freq resp charts tuned at 38hz, you will see good output down to even mid 20s, and not mind-numbing peak, port area plays a big factor into how well the box will play below tuning.

As does box volume and the vehicle. You're using a large SUV(assuming this is in your Suburban) which has more cabin gain down low, which is represented in the numbers you posted.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Try it at 39hz and see how you like it. If you're in a small/short cabin like a car or truck, I think you're going to wish you had more low-end.

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

winisd will let you do it.

you can also find out how much gain your car has at each freq and then model box around that to

So if my car was say 30 cubes in that space i just model a sealed box that is 30 cubes?

and for the pwk follower thing. lmao doing something right makes me follow some one else doing it right I guess? If so lump me in I don't care. as long as I can lump you in with the average user throwing prefabs in :shrug:

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

winisd will let you do it.

you can also find out how much gain your car has at each freq and then model box around that to

So if my car was say 30 cubes in that space i just model a sealed box that is 30 cubes?

no that will tell you what a 30cube box will play in 3rd space standing outside of your car

I found an easier way to do it in winisd

just remember winisd is metric

internal car length = l [m]

Linkwitz transform

f0 = c / 2l

fp =15

Q0 =0.707

Qp =0.707

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

and for the pwk follower thing. lmao doing something right makes me follow some one else doing it right I guess? If so lump me in I don't care. as long as I can lump you in with the average user throwing prefabs in :shrug:

I just read today where someone said PWK tuned his box to 47hz...dude absolutely hated it.

Ok, Ill post some in car freq resp charts tuned at 38hz, you will see good output down to even mid 20s, and not mind-numbing peak, port area plays a big factor into how well the box will play below tuning.

As does box volume and the vehicle. You're using a large SUV(assuming this is in your Suburban) which has more cabin gain down low, which is represented in the numbers you posted.

Try it at 39hz and see how you like it. If you're in a small/short cabin like a car or truck, I think you're going to wish you had more low-end.

I drive a honda accord, and that response chart was from a single cab Dodge Ram with 2 sa 12s in a box tuned to 38hz, when i tested with Type Rs the graph was even flatter and remained louder under 26hz almost 2db.

and a 1hz change in tuning wont hurt much

Its just the way you said it at first sounded just like how he worded it in a youtube vid of his.

i actually did a review on a groundshaker prefab in the review section on here, it did alright, haha

I just read today where someone said PWK tuned his box to 47hz...dude absolutely hated it.

that's why I don't design for anybody else, who is to say the guy didn't mess something up. or that pete didn't reverse a number or something? not like every single thing is going to be perfect. with the thousands of boxes one is bound to be wrong

mcintoshsigz.png

basically all I'm trying to say is tune it around your car. I can take a box tuned to 30hz and get 10 different sounds in 10 different cars

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived