Sonic Electronix

what does the knob control? gain or bass boost? personally, I never use bass boost because it adds gain typically leading to clipping. if it controls gain then it will typically override your gain knob on the amp...although some will only control the gain UP TO the point you have the master on the amp set to

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Some companies bass knobs doesn't allow the gain setting to be moved, no matter how far you turn up the knob.

Example, wide open on the knob=the gain setting.

I'm not sure if all companies apply to this.

not all companies' amps are like this...i know for SURE that Powerbass amps are like this, and the knob controls the gain only. and only to the point of the master on the amp

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

the amp is a fosgate t1k. its a bass boost at 45hz. i really never saw anything wrong with it but someone told me it clips the signal really bad. but it is nice to have the bass control to control how much bass you want for each song. ja know? and i matched the bass control all the way up with the gain on the amp.

I came into this thread not really knowing what to expect...

Your best bet would be to contact a Rockford Fosgate representative and ask the EXACTLY what it does. You'll find people on here that think they know what they are talking about and insist one thing, you'll have others that are spot on, and you'll have some giving you their $0.02 and tell you to contact the manufacturer that knows FOR SURE.

Good luck.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

but then again it makes you wonder when ficaraudio states that youll void the warranty if you use a bass knob. <_<

lolwut?

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.