Sonic Electronix

Amp on/off protect mode

What could be some problems with my amp or wiring. I had the shop check my electrical and ohm load, everything was fine no blown fuses.

I was not even listening to it loud my head-unit was at 20/50 Vol. Then i turn the radio down to answer a phone call, then the sub wasn't on when I turned it up again. After that i stopped to look at it and the amp was flashing the protect light. When I took it to the shop and turned the H/U back on it played again and seemed to be fine but since then it has turned off a couple times.

What could be some reasons for this the electrical is fine and ohms are 4ohm.

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

What could be some problems with my amp or wiring. I had the shop check my electrical and ohm load, everything was fine no blown fuses.

I was not even listening to it loud my head-unit was at 20/50 Vol. Then i turn the radio down to answer a phone call, then the sub wasn't on when I turned it up again. After that i stopped to look at it and the amp was flashing the protect light. When I took it to the shop and turned the H/U back on it played again and seemed to be fine but since then it has turned off a couple times.

What could be some reasons for this the electrical is fine and ohms are 4ohm.

something is wrong on the output of the amp.(my opinion) we had an amp were the mosfets will ground them selfs on the heat sink once it it got warm. it was a pain in the ass to trouble shoot what was going on, till i accidentally grounded the case with the RCA's ground and it arced. thats how I and my boss found out the mosfets were grounding them self thru the insulators

05 Ford F150 Single Cab

Audio:

-Pioneer DEH-3200DVD

-Hertz Hi-energy 5x7 Front

-RE Audio 5x7 Rear

-DD 2512 in Custom 40 Hz Box

-Eclipse EA4100 High/Mid amp

-Eclipes XA1000 Sub amp

-Audison Connnection RCAs

-Random wire:Kicker,RF,Lightning Audio

It was playing fine. Before i got the recone it was running at 2 ohms. But i just got my sub back from DC with the Dual 2 cone.

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses