95 Powerstroke diesel, worth it?

Currently driving a 98 Honda civic sedan. Been planning a big build for a while but just came across a truck a buddy told me about. It's a 97 powerstroke diesel truck. 4x4, extended cab, full bed, no rust, just a few dents, and kept up on maintenance. Only has 245k miles on it. She's in real good shape for what she is and I could prolly pick her up for about $5500, if not a little cheaper. Tires on it are about 40%. There is a small crack in the windshield and she's sunspotted up pretty good.

Anyways, I've been planning this big 4x15" build for the civic, being as that's ad big as I could go. But I'd I picked up the truck loads of options open up. As for gas, my civic pulls around 32 in town, this thing will get 21 with a chip tuned down to 75 horse.

Just looking for your guys opinions. I'll upload pics in a bit seeing as how im at work. :drinks:

Edited by tonedeaf

Test the glow plug relay. Common to go out on the 7.3's. I always wonder how many people change the glow plugs on them that really didnt need it. A good price is going to depend on if its a F250 or F350 and what package it is. XLT,work truck ext. Not to long ago I sold a 97 F250 ext cab XLT all power 2wd with 140K miles on it and the truck was very clean minus a cracked windshield. Let that truck go for $6400 if I remember right. Just check NADA and blackbook.

DCSig.jpg

2011 Meca World Champ S3

Team Truth Hertz

Team DC

sounds there's quite a bit cosmetically wrong with that truck. I think i'd personally stick with your honda.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

if you can get him down to around 4800-5000 i'd take it for that price. i mean it seems like it would be a good beater/winter vehicle.

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

It was used for a work truck but it's easily the nicest worktruck I have looked at. I can't get ahold of the guy right now so I can't remember what package it was, but it's an f350. It has maybe 3 slight dents on the bed, slight crack in windshield, and sun spots. Just looks like a work truck that was taken care of. I'm not worked about the tires seeing as they'll last plenty long till I put 33s/35s on it. I'd prolly do a 4 inch lift or so on it to. =P

Not sure how to upload pics from my phone or I would. 13 hour shifts 6 days a week is dinner than hell.

We have a 2000 F350 dually 4x4 that we pull tractors on a 28ft gooseneck with. It has 240k on it and runs like a champ. Has a small 75hp chip in it and is really strong. We only replaced the glow plug actuator in it over 240k miles. They can easily see 500k if they are maintained well.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg