Southnash Posted February 28, 2011 Report Posted February 28, 2011 Three-way sets can have advantages but honestly it's not necessary... A good 2-way can achieve the same results & installation/placement is ALOT easier. Only car that I've like three-way set in are the porsche carrera 6.5" or 9" in the doors & the mid+tweeter in the factory locations.. Take a look at all the great SQ cars that win competitions... Most use a 2-way setup & keep it simple... The idea is to minimize point sources...more speakers makes this tougher...
C.Sanchez.A Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 The only problem I have is I'm hooked on having three speakers in the door. Another option would be a 2-way set + a small sub? Click Links To View Build Logs 1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show) 2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily) 1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.) 1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project) Youtube Channel
Southnash Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 well...a sub in the door is a tough challenge & would require way too much time, effort & materials to do it right... Can you just buy a good 2-way set, sub in the trunk & maybe buy a cheap $10 speaker to put in the door...just don't hook it up & make a grille...just tell everybody it's hooked-up...
C.Sanchez.A Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 well...a sub in the door is a tough challenge & would require way too much time, effort & materials to do it right... Can you just buy a good 2-way set, sub in the trunk & maybe buy a cheap $10 speaker to put in the door...just don't hook it up & make a grille...just tell everybody it's hooked-up... I just want more then just one speaker in the door though... I'm gonna have 2 - 12" subs in the back. I guess for now I will go with a "cheap" 2-way set and then when I have the budget go with a 3-way. Click Links To View Build Logs 1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show) 2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily) 1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.) 1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project) Youtube Channel
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.