Second Skin Audio

Best Bang for the Buck(2x 12" DC Level 3s or x2 15" Alpine Type-Rs?)

I dont come on this forum to get shit talked to...i just want to learn and get the best car audio setup i can get with the help from you guys that do know best...so if your gonna be rude then dont even post a reply...questions are the only way to aquire information to learn about new interesting things.

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

Kenwood KDC-MP345U Receiver

Two 12" HFi12D4 Subwoofers

Rockford Fosgate 201s Amp

Four Kenwood Excelon KFC-X693 6x9s

why do you WANT flex? do you want to be quieter or something? i dont get it.

and by what beanz means is, go measure the trunk in your car and try to see the biggest box you can fit realistically in it.

I want to be loud as shit....as much ground poundage as possible...but like i said...i want a dependable system...one that i will not have to fix all the time and buy new shit for to make it work....i would measure my trunk right now but my tape measure broke about a week and a half ago...the tape measure housing split and the tape went EVERYWHERE lol

if you want to be a groundpounder, you need well over a thousand dollars in subwoofers and more thousands of dollars to power them. if you want a regular "loud" system, then 2 12's will be fine. and lol at tape measure. and by the way dude, shit wont break unless you abuse it. 99% of problems are the USERS (your) fault. you probably were clipping the absolute hell out of your amplifier and sending way dirty signals to your subwoofers, which overheated, and failed on your part.

And i have only have one setup to be acting wrong. i had a amp that was underpowering the subs and when the music threw out lows the subs cut in and out.

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

I dont come on this forum to get shit talked to...i just want to learn and get the best car audio setup i can get with the help from you guys that do know best...so if your gonna be rude then dont even post a reply...questions are the only way to aquire information to learn about new interesting things.

im not trying to be rude/a dick. its the truth. learn to deal with it.

the only reason i explain the sound/feel of the setup im looking for to flex is because its hard to explain it without hearing it...the only other way i can explain it would be for the bass to be enough to take your breath(kinda...more like make you feel the vibration after the music is turned down kinda like your hands after mowing the yard with a pushmower) idk lmao...hard for me to explain

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

And i have only have one setup to be acting wrong. i had a amp that was underpowering the subs and when the music threw out lows the subs cut in and out.

they cut in and out? that could be from low voltage going to the amp, clipping, or the subsonic filter being set wrong.

Well I don't think any of the setups will take your breath, but if you can fit 2 type R 15's, go for it.

Measure your trunk space whenever you can and post up the dimensions. Someone will be able to give you a better/more informed opinion when the dimensions are provided.

Also try and get an idea of what you can/want to do in terms of power/electrical.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Well I don't think any of the setups will take your breath, but if you can fit 2 type R 15's, go for it.

Measure your trunk space whenever you can and post up the dimensions. Someone will be able to give you a better/more informed opinion when the dimensions are provided.

Also try and get an idea of what you can/want to do in terms of power/electrical.

ported thats over 5cuft :/ i dont think you'll be able to fit that but who knows.

they cut in and out? that could be from low voltage going to the amp, clipping, or the subsonic filter being set wrong.

well i figured it was the amp because when i had both subs hooked up the bass would weaken but when i unhooked one of them that one sub was hitting harder than when they were both hooked up... but i had one of the subs running parellel to the amp and it still cut in and out on REALLY low lows but when i had them wired using 1 of the coils rather than both obviously it didnt cut in and out...

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

why do you WANT flex? do you want to be quieter or something? i dont get it.

and by what beanz means is, go measure the trunk in your car and try to see the biggest box you can fit realistically in it.

I want to be loud as shit....as much ground poundage as possible...but like i said...i want a dependable system...one that i will not have to fix all the time and buy new shit for to make it work....i would measure my trunk right now but my tape measure broke about a week and a half ago...the tape measure housing split and the tape went EVERYWHERE lol

you already made a thread like this. dc, sundown, or aq sdc's

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress