BIG3-BIG PROBLEM & NOW SHOT ALT FML!!!

ok so about 3 weeks ago I installed the 'big 3' on my 97Lincoln Continental. when i went to add some coolant the a few days ago i noticed some really fucked up shit. the + connection to my alt had either grounded out somewhere or got too hot from the engine heat. my guess is grounded out b/c the soder from the connection was almost totally gone, leaving the 0ga wire just hangin in my engine bay :shok: , and the rubber insulator on the wire wad split about 3 inches down the wire ( like from super heat ). so i temp. taped it off and set it aside against the firewall untill i had time to fix it. now to top off the story my alt gave out on the way home from the bar this evening. i am gonna try to get some picks up tomorrow but im SOL right now so idk. :wtf:

just what i need while taking a full class load and working 35 hours a week, needless to say i do alot of driving.

any input would be awesome. right now im running a junkyard alt cuz it was cheap but i have an old (bad) h.o. alt layin around that i might just have rebuilt since itd be cheaper. theres a place close by that'll do it for about a buck and amp and im only lookn to replace stock so ya thats the plan right now :shrug:

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

How do you know your alt gave out if it wasn't connected to charge your battery?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I left all the stock wiring in place i just added additional wiring. and this is the 3rd alt ive had go bad on me so i kno the signs

- ill admit the first system i had i didnt know wtf i was doin so i was running 2400 watts off a stock electrical system

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

Archived