Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Speaker Setup For My Room


Recommended Posts

Posted

So, I wanted to get a nice set of speakers to put in my room (mostly for music,) and before I look into amps or anything, I wanted to know a few things.

If it's relevant, my room is about 12x12, and I plan on separating the left from the right speakers (one set on each side of desk.)

So, firstly, the subwoofers. I plan on using 10's (not set on this or anything though.) I want something that will hit a nice range of frequencies. So, what are some good subs that will work for me, willing to spend about $60 each. Also, what would be the best box for my goals?

As for mids and highs, I'm not really sure what to do here, any recommendations? Would tweeters be necessary, or just 2-ways or what? Willing to spend about $100 for mids and highs altogether here. Yeah, I know, cheap, but a budget is a budget.

Hopefully I provided enough info to help you help me. Thanks in advance.

Posted

Anyone able to help? I came from pro audio/home audio to here because of lack of replies, but I guess it's just not an interesting topic or something?

Posted

I got some kenwood cabinet speakers with a 12" sub, and a 2" tweeter in ported boxes, put them in my closet and hooked them up to my little sony stereo and it gets pretty damn loud. I ran 2 little 6" speakers outside and hung them on my walls and I love it. payed about $40 for all of it, and when i crank it up all of my windows rattle like crazy.

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

Posted

That's cool, and I'd be interested if I just wanted some sounds, but I'm looking to buy the speakers and amp and build the enclosures. Main reason I'm doing this is to have something to build to keep me entertained.

Posted

Thanks, but I was mostly asking what are some good SQ subs, and what speakers might work well for use indoors.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 529 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...