WhiteMax87 Posted February 16, 2011 Report Posted February 16, 2011 Going to build a new box ,two new power T1 12s going to be working with around 5 or a little more cu. ft. of airspace. I need to know what the port diameter and length needs to be? Should I just use 3/4 mdf or birch or something else? Could I fire the subs up towards the trunk lid and the port out the side? Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated! 2009 maxima, currently stock
fecupe2001 Posted February 16, 2011 Report Posted February 16, 2011 I think that, if you post your maximun dimensions, we could help you even more, remember that your 5 cubic feets are before displacement, port area depends on a few factors, and the tuning depends on the port area and internal space. What car? what power? what kind of music you like the most? any particular goals? I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
WhiteMax87 Posted February 17, 2011 Author Report Posted February 17, 2011 ?? 2009 maxima, currently stock
fecupe2001 Posted February 17, 2011 Report Posted February 17, 2011 ??? I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
WhiteMax87 Posted February 17, 2011 Author Report Posted February 17, 2011 2000 Honda prelude ,mono side of a 25 to life power 1000 5 channel (about 1200 watts) ,I listen to rap and hard rock the most ,goals - I want to get the most output I can street wise (tuning between like 32-38hz) ,trunk opening is 43" wide by 15" tall ,I have a two part box now I'm going to have to build this one like that too. 2009 maxima, currently stock
WhiteMax87 Posted February 17, 2011 Author Report Posted February 17, 2011 Going to upgrade to a T15001bdcp in a few months 2009 maxima, currently stock
moto211 Posted February 17, 2011 Report Posted February 17, 2011 here you go , if you go with a 5 cubic foot box a square port would be 7"x7" 14 long would give you 40htz or 20" long would be 35 htz , if you go round 3 4" tubes 9 inches long would be 40 htz , 13" long would be 35 htz, 2 6" tubes 13 long would be 40 htz, 19" long would be 35 htz , please let me know if you have any questions CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee[/size]
WhiteMax87 Posted February 18, 2011 Author Report Posted February 18, 2011 I really appreciate it! I'm pretty good with building and the design and airspace but I still haven't figured out how to do the port calculations yet. I want the port to be as tall as the box so you said 7" wide by 7" tall ,the box is going to be 15" tall so that leaves me 13.5" tall for the port ,how wide then? 2009 maxima, currently stock
moto211 Posted February 18, 2011 Report Posted February 18, 2011 ok here you go for 35htz it would be 13.5x3.5x 23.5 long for 40 htz it would be 13.5x3.5x15 long good luck CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee[/size]
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.