Sundown Audio

2 or 1

eric78702

Two different speaker impedance configurations. For instance, if you have a sub that is 2 ohms and still want to get 3000 plus watts to that sub go with the two amp setup. If you have a sub that is one ohm then go with the one amp because it is one ohm stable and you can get the most out of the amp without running below stable impedance. I hope that makes sense but Go with what ever will work best with your subs amd if you dont have subs already then go with the one amp(takes up less room, weight, ect ect)

Edited by Trâgîk

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Two different speaker impedance configurations. For instance, if you have a sub that is 2 ohms and still want to get 3000 plus watts to that sub go with the two amp setup. If you have a sub that is one ohm then go with the one amp because it is one ohm stable and you can get the most out of the amp without running below stable impedance. I hope that makes sense but Go with what ever will work best with your subs amd if you dont have subs already then go with the one amp(takes up less room, weight, ect ect)

I will get 4 12's and either option will be ran at 1 ohm. Will the 1 amp setup draw less current then the 2 amp setup?

I will get 4 12's and either option will be ran at 1 ohm. Will the 1 amp setup draw less current then the 2 amp setup?

Ok so i would go with the one amp because otherwise you would be running the amps at .5 ohms each which is a lil dangerous without the right electrical, but get more power. The amp draw would be more if ran at half ohms but about the same for both setups if ran at one ohms. The one amp you could run safely at one ohm and still get plenty of power witht that amp.

Well what do you have already? Stock alt? How many amps is it? Big 3 done?

Id start with 1/0 gauge big 3, and maybe a high output alternator( dc power 270xp or mechman alt) and if you did that with a good battery up front you really shouldnt need another battery in the back

Well what do you have already? Stock alt? How many amps is it? Big 3 done?

Id start with 1/0 gauge big 3, and maybe a high output alternator( dc power 270xp or mechman alt) and if you did that with a good battery up front you really shouldnt need another battery in the back

I have a stock 95 amp alt and I'm just waiting to do the big 3 because the alt is like almost right under the motor so I'll just wait till a good time so that's just what I have now

Yeah def big 3 and 0 gauge with that amp. Xs power d3100 under the hood and watch your voltage and go from there

Yeah def big 3 and 0 gauge with that amp. Xs power d3100 under the hood and watch your voltage and go from there

So stick with stock alt for now and upgrade later? And you mean d3100 in the back right because it's to big to fit under my hood I was thinking more like the biggest one I can fit under the hood and the d3100 in the back?